997 911 turbo engine failure !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well it's an honest looking car and advert.

I'm suprised that with another 997 on order that Porsche didn't appear to take more interest in the situation (albeit being out of warranty).

suprising what things cost today, I've just had to rebuild a combine engine (Merc V10 Om443 19lt) engine and the heads alone were £14k fitted !!!

Thinking about the advert itself for a second, I can never understand why people feel the need to write SO much for advert.

We don't need a novel, just a healthy wedge of information will do for a write up :crazy:

The car appears to be a good example and with a new engine, shouldn't give too much trouble.

Quite why Porsche didn't repair is beyond me. The original fault was already reported before warranty's end, so they should have honoured it. Not a good advert for them, I guess :doh:

Darren

I must admit I found it strange too - especially if the owner was to "advertise" the fact that they'd refused him shortly after expiration.
Of course, we only know what we're told, I suspect he's probably tw*tted the engine, they've got the info off the ECU and politely said "b*gger off - you broke it being stoooopid".

Why mention the engine rebuild at all...just sell the car.

I thought the later water cooled engines had a reputation for short life anyway.

A lengthy tale invariably sets the hares running.

fair play for being upfront but why would the owner not go for Porsche the term goodwill surely applies on something with low mileage and not that long out of warranty. Caveat Emptor

Ermm, Porsches aren't that reliable - certainly the 986 Boxster,and 996 aren't bulletproof. Have had two Boxsters, one with very patchy reliability (despite considerable service history and good provenance), and a flatmate some years back had a 986 Boxster which blew it's engine despite full PSH, and at a relatively young age. Had to take them to court to get them to pay for a new engine, and they are notoriously difficult even where they know there's a manufacturing fault, such as with the 996 and 986 cylinder liners slipping and the well documented RMS issues. The 997 suffers rear main seal issues and a fair few engine failures have surfaced. Plus, UK buyers only get a two-year manufacturers warranty on a new Porker - Porsche know full well they can continue to sell them regardless of the after sales package - plenty of people buy a Porsche because, well, it's a Porsche...

Thought you were going to say...

Porsche know full well they can continue to sell them regardless of the after sales package - plenty of people buy a Porsche because, well, they are pricks...

Thought you were going to say...

Well yes, infer what you want there. I love the engineering and the driving experience. Not so much the image. Porsches are generally driven by bankers, and it shows in the reaction you get whilst driving them. (993 and 356 apart - enthusiast Porsches are different).

Well yes, infer what you want there. I love the engineering and the driving experience. Not so much the image. Porsches are generally driven by bankers, and it shows in the reaction you get whilst driving them. (993 and 356 apart - enthusiast Porsches are different).

I was only basing it on the people at work that chose them...including the Women..

It was 2 years out of warranty, and to be honest the guy was a bit of a tit for not renewing the the warranty, it is only £900 and think it is a must on a highly tuned £100,000 car with lots to go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom