997 GT3 vs E60 M5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Porsche driver must have had those big shoes on (like my mate) touching the brake pedal ha ha

I had a V10 M5, its a strange car, bit jekyll/hyde but when its on song its proper quick...

I had a V10 M5, its a strange car, bit jekyll/hyde but when its on song its proper quick...

Yep agree, had the same probs, after a New BMW Clutch/Flywheel, Gearbox Oil, Full KDS, Track rod ends, Full recode, and 2 x MAF's transformed albeit £4.5k Lighter, I have also taken out the BMW extended warranty so no more surprises I hope. Still have the rear diff oil and spark plugs to do, not needed for a while but I am doing anyway. Currently trying a map from jerry.

Last edited:
Lol, gearbox/flywheel should be a service replacement item on the M5 !

Great bargains these day, especially if you get warranted one or last 90days before warranty can be had :D

I take you've tried the hilarious launch control :bannana:

Lol, gearbox/flywheel should be a service replacement item on the M5 !

Great bargains these day, especially if you get warranted one or last 90days before warranty can be had :D

I take you've tried the hilarious launch control :bannana:

No still running in the clutch:devil: Problem is I hardly do any miles these days and this does not help.

My clutch and flywheel was replaced under warranty after 2 months ownership. Always had a feeling of fragility and combined with appaling fuel range (400 km on 70 litres) it became untenable. However, on those 8000+ rpm 3rd gear changes, it just felt RIGHT, epic top end!

The E60 M5 is a seriously powerfull car, I had wanted one really badly until i drove one properly. I do alot of town driving and the gearbox just didn't suit my style of driving.

Otherwise stunning machine's

I loved the dynamic seats as well, set the passenger one to tightest, get a mate to come for a thrash and take some hard corners, priceless :)

Are the e60 m5s quicker than c63s?

M5 0-60 is 4.7sec, the c63 4.6sec. But I would guess the M5 takes off after 100mph, don't forget top speed is 205mph unrestricted.

Which commands more respect? M5 I think.

my goodness, thats low, then again I spotted an 08 S600 on PH with 8k on the clock for similar money !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom