A 150 no front wipers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’d love to have “Relay C” working...

Is it only for use if the Royal Family approach? :)

I’ve had a guy come out and look at it who says there is no voltage getting to the starter relay when the ingnition is turned. When he wired in voltage across the relay it didn’t work either.

Well at least you are making some progress, I presume if you have had someone look at the car then Car Electrics are " not your thing ", but no worries.
What is needed now is a piece more wiring diagram, to encompass the relays K100KM ( engine starter) and K100KL ( engine circuit ) so you can trace the circuit back to see where the lack of 12 volts is.
It may be that there is a damaged fuse holder, or a burned out track on the back of the fuse box ( Sam unit N10. ) Which is where the original problem stemmed from. Perhaps an overload burning out the Sam unit ???
Removing the N10 fuse box which, as you know by now, is close to where the battery sits under your feet ( drivers side ), can be a daunting task and not for the feint hearted, but is certainly a task you can undertake. Just make sure you disconnect the battery before you start.
Just as a thought and bearing in mind the location of the fuse box , has anyone spilled a can of drink or similar onto the carpet by your feet ????
So, the way forwards, find a wiring diagram, perhaps someone on here with WIS access may oblige, get yourself a simple multi meter, trace t he circuit and then you will know where the power is missing from. If the Sam unit has to come out, then it may be just easier to replace it with a used one from Ebay, rather than fault find on this. I hope this helps.

Steve.

Thanks for all your time guys. Finally got it sorted! It seems that somehow the ignition relay had dropped out and I’d put it back in the wrong module.

Interestingly there is an additional relay holder on my relay box and is in a different location to the green relay in your photos Steve.

Anyhow. All sorted and no longer have to ferry the wife around now

Reactions: GLK
Well a success story, and a cheap repair, and thanks for coming back and reporting the success, it is always nice to know the end story.

Steve.

O.k. Time to put this to bed.

John N......Burnside seem just to have some damage repairables for sale, all the cars for breaking seem to be at SCB, at Newbridge, which is other side of the bridge around M8/M9 Junction. Seem to have lots of vehicles there to be broken.

So eventually the replacement relay came Friday, my bodge job on the broken one did not last too long, so it had been another 2 days without wipers .
Tested the relay, fitted it, and all worked fine, just a 2 minute job, yet hours of dismantling and fault finding.
We have wipers, no SRS light and the fag lighter works. At the moment I have not refitted the carpets "just in case "!

I have uploaded to P/B wiring diagrams and other trivia just in case it will help some other poor lost soul.
Apologies if this has been a little long winded.

Not Quite Over.... I plugged in the MB2 Diagnostic just to check everything was O.K. and " No connection to ECU " came up. Grrrr.
Back to the fuse diagram, fuse 16 controls diagnostics. Tested the fuse for 12 volts and only power to one side, pulled the fuse, tested it using the meter and it now read across ??
Replaced fuse, diagnostics working, and no errors. At least no need to replace the SAM !! and must have saved a few hundred quid.
MWSnap711_zpstuu7bgsc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

MWSnap711_zpstuu7bgsc.jpg.html

+1 for SBC Edinburgh..(Sports Car Breakers).
Used them before for Z3 sill covers. They have a large choice.

Hello Toolman, The wipers/washers on my W203 C Class are working and then not working and then working again. At the mo, not working.
Reading you posts, it would be logical to assume that a relay is getting a bit dodgy, have you any idea where to look? Engine compartment fuse box? End of dash fuses ? and I believe there are some in the boot.
One reply on here suggest switching the wipers on ,then tapping the relays lightly. Good idea?
Many thanks.

Hello Guys, Wiper problem solved thanks to Brucemillar`s reply on here.

Bonnet not fully closing. Thanks again Brucemillar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom