a 190E cleaned from pink to Red

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Horribly faded red Mercedes back to vivid red. - - Detailing World -

Have to say for me these sorts of details always better.

I see little point in the new car details with hundreds of pictures or a year old car cleaned within an inch of its life with hundreds of pictures. Its bound to look clean after a normal clean (sorry detailed) as its new !!

These ones where they are older too me must be far more satisfying also.

I thought this was great :)

I maybe should not admit it... but I'm a member on the detailing world forum...

So just scanning the recent posts and always look at anything with Mercedes in the title :)

Hey you cant pick and choose work so I do apoligise. Talking of old cars I did just finish a jaguar E-Type though booked in for a 2 day enhancement detail with fanatstic results. By all means if i'm allowed it up I'll show you how I made that look.

Just to wet the taste buds!

304468_173520729392099_100002025207572_350384_314529403_n.jpg

And this wasn't even paint correction. Thats a single hit, 4 pass set, genuine fully ipa'ed finish.

Horribly faded red Mercedes back to vivid red. - - Detailing World -

Have to say for me these sorts of details always better.

I see little point in the new car details with hundreds of pictures or a year old car cleaned within an inch of its life with hundreds of pictures. Its bound to look clean after a normal clean (sorry detailed) as its new !!

These ones where they are older too me must be far more satisfying also.

I thought this was great :)

Can't see any of the pictures - just a message from Photobucket saying 'bandwidth exceeded' .

Pictures are down.....

I'm sure it looked fantastic as always :)

The only trouble with polishing a faded, solid red car is that it always fades again. Great if you are just about to sell it but I'm always wary of buying older red cars.

Pictures are down.....

The only trouble with polishing a faded, solid red car is that it always fades again. Great if you are just about to sell it but I'm always wary of buying older red cars.

Oooooh should i make a sarcastic comment? hehehehe

Our Audi A4 is a 1996/P, solid red, and no fading at all. Always parked outside, never been cut back or polished as far as I know (wife has had it approx. 8 years) :dk:

Our Audi A4 is a 1996/P, solid red, and no fading at all. Always parked outside, never been cut back or polished as far as I know (wife has had it approx. 8 years) :dk:

Didn't VAG used to charge extra for Mars Red on the basis that it didn't fade like normal solid reds? Having said that, I'm sure I've seen '80s and '90s Golfs with faded red bonnets/roofs...

Last edited:
Paints don't fade if lacquered, hence the possible additional charge over a solid colour.

Citroen used to charge for Superlustre Black for the same reason.

Didn't VAG used to charge extra for Mars Red on the basis that it didn't fade like normal solid reds? Having said that, I'm sure I've seen '80s and '90s Golfs with faded red bonnets/roofs...

I had a red Mk II Polo which faded like other red cars I had . T Cut brought it back - for a while .

I had a red Audi 100 as my second car - the paint went all white on the sunroof and the bonnet. No idea why those areas only, but T cut was only temporary.

Hello. Someone mentioned on my thread on DW that it was posted on here, so thanks for the recognition and glad you enjoyed it! :D

My bandwidth had exceeded after posting it on a few other forums but just for the people who missed out, the photos are back online :)

Cheers, Dan (and sorry for the massive bump lol)

Pictures are down.....

Get a decent wax on them and you won't have a problem. Most waxes and sealants are UV filtering which is the thing that causes the problem in the first place. Red looks amazing when it's polished and waxed properly.

Ive had plenty of red cars in the past, all well maintaned/polished and they have all faded, without exception........

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom