A/B/C/CLK COMAND-APS Map Disk 6.1 (Europe) now available

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55
Ive just been told by my friendly German dealer that they have just sent me my copy of 6.1 for A/B/C/CLK/Smart-ForFour

It is meant to have TMC for UK in it. Mine will arrive in a day or two and I will confirm that

It will be much cheaper to buy it from Germany than from UK ...

The retail price is 250Euros - although I got it for 200Euros (which I imagine is close to the dealer's cost price)

If you want to order one, I suggest mailing Mr. Brockmann at
[email protected]
(which is MB Leipzig's dealership)

Or, perhaps, more sensibly, if anyone wants to order one, post here, and once we know theres a few, then get together and ask for discount

Cheers
Richard

[EDIT, NB, I'm talking about the Europe (inc UK) disk)]

Last edited:
I am interested, so please count me in. Many thanks for your initiative.

BTW, I got it for 200 Euros as I bought COMAND-APS unit at the same time, which was a lot of dosh .. but maybee if enough are interested, he will be nice on pricing :)

R

B class

Richard

Sorry for my ignorance but does this mean I can change the DVD in my current Comand unit (version 4.0) and get additional mapping features

Or is it the same for mapping (with updated roads, postcodes etc) and TMC?

Also doe sTMC need a to be subscribed to (monthly or yearly charge?)

Many thanks:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi

Well, the mapdisk also contains software for the COMAND system, so there could be new features, slight user interface changes etc, and theres highly likely to be some bugs fixed (which you may never have experienced!)
- for instance, theres someone else on the forum that when they go from V4 to V5 in a CLK (same map disk as A/B/C/CLK) their navigation gets more accurate - i.e it tells them about roads more accurately.

As you summized, you also get a updated map (showing new roads, new traffic restrictions etc) and TMC

TMC is free, but radio tunes to Classic FM when using it (certianly on older COMAND) since thats where the TMC data is transmitted (along with the other RDS info like station name, program type)

Cheers
Richard

I in as well assuming I too can go straight from V4.0 to this.

Count me in ....

If we can all get a discount ... great but not that hopeful. The rate sounds close to cost .... but if you dont ask you dont get .....

Cool the cat said:
I am interested too ..

Is the dvd valid for CLS 320 CDI Comand Aps dvd - Nov. 2005

Thanks in advance

Having made a gallah of myself once, hopefully I will get it right this time:eek:

You need Version 5. Part no. A211 827 68 59 B6 782 3489

The good news is that some members consider your system superior to the CLK :eek: , plus you can sometimes buy new DVD's on E-bay for approximately £120

Good luck,
John

Do you know the part no of VER4.1 and if it is still available or has been superceded by VER 5.

Are they the same price or is VER4.1 Cheaper

steve.link said:
Do you know the part no of VER4.1 and if it is still available or has been superceded by VER 5.

Are they the same price or is VER4.1 Cheaper

If you are talking about your E-class 4.01 then this version retailed for approximately £340 + VAT but my memory is a bit flaky. Version 5 is much cheaper and obviously has more street mapping. You should be able to pick up ver 4.01 off E-bay very cheaply, but why not buy version 5????

John

Hi!

I am new here, but have been browsing for quite a while.

I would be very interested to aquire the new nav dvd for my 2005 reg c class.

Thanks

Al:)

Richard ... thanks for the info. How much do they sell the COMAND for? (I assume it was for your 'A' ?)

S.

glojo said:
If you are talking about your E-class 4.01 then this version retailed for approximately £340 + VAT but my memory is a bit flaky. Version 5 is much cheaper and obviously has more street mapping. You should be able to pick up ver 4.01 off E-bay very cheaply, but why not buy version 5????

quote]

John
Have a look at this post

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=229888#post229888

Richard they have been available for a while now, just not to the dealers(mind you I have had an unfair advantage on this). Oh and least we forget this disc is also valid for the M class and forthcoming GL class.

Oh and yes it does have UK TMC and fixes a number of wee issues with the previous disc, prompter instructions is one of the more noticable changes.

Last edited:
richard said:
Or, perhaps, more sensibly, if anyone wants to order one, post here, and once we know theres a few, then get together and ask for discount

Richard

Please count me in, I would be interested in a disc for my 2005 C220.

regards

Trevor

Me too and I think I know at least one other person who has it in their forfour too who would want one too!

Kate

Hi
My disk has now turned up from Germany

It is
"Europa / Europe" Navigation-DVD COMAND APS Version 6.1
For
A Klasse (>09/04), B Klasse, C-Klasse (>04/04) CLK-Klasse (>06/04) M-Klasse (>07/05), R-Klasse, smart forfour

(i.e new A, B, M, R, facelift C/CLK))

Part numbers are
B6 782 3641 or A169 827 33 59

I will now email the German dealer and ask him how much he will charge people :)

Cheers
Richard

Thanks Richard,

Don't know whats best, get everyone to pay seperately or If the dealer wants (and we get a better discount) I'd be willing to buy say 10 then I can pass on using my paypal account to accept payments (although I'd have to add postage I guess).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom