A/B service light?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rabbit9400

I've owned my w202 250td(1996) for eighteen months or so and done 14000 miles approx, but have not had the "A/B service light/counter appear on the display. Can anyone tell me when and where it should be displayed as I was missing the handbook when I purchased the car. I've got to say how impressed I am with this site, as I have finally been able to change the atf and filter thanks to this forum, after a lack of info on another MB club site. Thanks Paul.

rabbit9400 said:
I've owned my w202 250td(1996) for eighteen months or so and done 14000 miles approx, but have not had the "A/B service light/counter appear on the display. Can anyone tell me when and where it should be displayed as I was missing the handbook when I purchased the car. I've got to say how impressed I am with this site, as I have finally been able to change the atf and filter thanks to this forum, after a lack of info on another MB club site. Thanks Paul.

Welcome to our forum. :rock:

There must be someone who can answer this question???? :eek:

I'm not so sure about the prefacelift W202's but the post's will show a spanner and a count-down in miles (or days if the car isn't driven much) when the service is due during start up. The figure is displayed in your trip meter/mileometer at the bottom of the speedo. If the car isn't serviced by the time the countdown completes the car will then beep at every start up and the count is -ve if memory serves me correctly.

You can also check the mileage to the next service by pressing the zero button twice on the instrument cluster (the one that is normally used to zero the trip meter).

*EDIT* BTW Welcome to the forum :) glad you like it and find it helpfull.

S.

Last edited:
Tied pressing zero button twice, nothing doing? Probably faulty display, which I can live with as all the other functions work (speedo/odometer etc) thank's for the suggestions. Paul

Hi,
I can not remember having the service function on my 97 w202 (prefacelift)
Was it an option?

Joe

That would explain it!!! It was the reference's to the A/B display in the Haynnes manual (and the lack of a handbook) that had me thinking something was amiss. Thank's for that. Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom