A Backwards way of buying the car you want?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KNU7S

Car
1991 R129 500SL Mercedes, 2002 ML270cdi, 2004 Freelander
With an ever expanding and growing family I decided to purchase a new (second hand) car.

With a limited budget (£5K) because we are currently working on a Barn Conversion i decided to white a list of what I wanted which was

1, 7 seats (currently 3 kids)

2, Full leather (easy to clean)

3, Sat nav

4, Rear TV's and DVD players

5, Privacy glass

6, Towbar

With my low budget all that came up was vauxhal zafira's (a great car but not my taste)

However I found a few ML's mainly early versions and without all the toys I wanted,

However last week I found and bought, ML command unit for £175 :thumb: (I need leads and disc) a Veba 2x6" rear screens with dvd player for the boot and IR headphones x2 for £80 :thumb:

Luckly today I bought a ML 2002 7 seats / leather / towbar and low miles for £4450 so by the time the TV's and command are fitted I will have done it within budget! RESULT!

Can anyone let me know where I can get some leads from? I think I have a disc from my W203 will it work?

Thanks All

Thanks, I was really supprised at the price, and thought it was worth the gamble!

Your W203 Navigation CD should be fine if it was from a COMAND 2.0 system. The disk should say DX on it.

Good find on the Nav system. Get the original MB roof mounted aerial, it finishes it off nicely and you should find it's all pre-wired for both phone and GPS.

Richard (of Comandonlin fame) has some good instructions on how to fit the aerial on his Mercupgrades site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom