A barbecue under the bonnet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jumpinjackflash

Car
230CE
Hello all,

A couple of years ago I saved a 1991 230CE auto from the back of a scrapyard bound transit. Apparently it had a knackered gearbox.

After £300 changed hands it was dumped on my driveway and remained there for 2 years until the neighbours confronted me with pitchforks and torches....

Anyway, it was a driveshaft gone so when I replaced that it was all systems go.

EXCEPT

For me basically..........

I had a stroke of genius and decided to flush the coolant system as it was a bit....er.....oily so off came the header tank.

Cleaned and flushed, once refilled I thought it would be a cinch to give it a good old run through except when I came to turning the key.....

Nowt. Nada. Zip. Nuffink. Got lights, indicators, horn, windows etc but no starter.

Sooooooo I get back under the bonnet to find that at some point in it's life there's been a slight engine bay fire and it's melted 6 or 7 wires for the immobiliser together. Basically I chopped them out and ran new wiring to the unit. AND......

IT WORKED!

Except for today when I put a fully charged battery onto it. There was a bit of a buzz, a bit of a sizzle, a worried look then......nothing. Again.

Still got all electrics, no starter. The smell and little bit of smoke seemed to come from round the back of the alternator.

NOW

My question is:

Ideally I'd like to remove the troublesome codged up immobiliser and siren so I can just jump in the bloody thing and go so has anyone any diagrams or advice as to how to effectively remove the immobiliser from my car entirely? Even bypassing it would be useful.

As far as I can see the part number is Q35005338 and it has been fitted since the car was new going off the install date of May 1991 but no names, just a red ally siren with a key hole in the back. No, I don't possess the key :(

Help anyone?

Why are your neighbours complaining? The cars on your land... what's it to them...

Why are your neighbours complaining? The cars on your land... what's it to them...

Off topic but its got everything to do with neighbours, they have to live there too and no one should have to live in an environment that they dont think is particularly pleasing. Not saying the OP has blemished the neighbourhood but we are all responsible for our environment and should all be considerate to our neighbours.

Off topic but its got everything to do with neighbours, they have to live there too and no one should have to live in an environment that they dont think is particularly pleasing. Not saying the OP has blemished the neighbourhood but we are all responsible for our environment and should all be considerate to our neighbours.

I've got this problem. - As far as I'm concerned my garage is in a back lane and out-of-sight out-of-mind.
Unfortunately the people who live in the lane don't feel the same way.

I now make more of an effort to tidy it up and not leave rubbish by the bins, and they've stopped standing by my gate and grumbling to each other.

Basically because it had sat on the drive for 2 years on flat tyres & looked a bit shabby.....I live in an area where a lot of the other residents have company audis and range rovers on the tick. All about keeping up appearances......

I have (at the moment) the 230CE, a '59 Cadillac, Merc Vito, Citroen Berlingo, Fiat seicento, BMW 530d and a Peugeot 205 GTI and they think I'm 'a bit odd' because A) I like older motors and B) they're mine & paid for

It's not like a garage or scrapyard though I do tend to buy & sell cars & bikes on a whim.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom