A belated Jubilee Tribute (appeals to those of a Monarchist disposition)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
HMQEII absolutely rocks.

And she was beautiful too, and has aged very gracefully.

^ You do acknowledge she is QE1 to all her loyal subjects in Scotland?

:bannana:

^ You do acknowledge she is QE1 to all her loyal subjects in Scotland?

:bannana:

Scotland is getting her own Monarch soon .. he's an ugly fish

I know the rules changed in 1948 and 1983, however, are we citizens, or subjects of HM?

I know the rules changed in 1948 and 1983, however, are we citizens, or subjects of HM?

When the 1981 Act came into force, anyone who was declared to be a citizen of the UK or a Commonwealth country in the 1948 Act ceased to be a subject. There will therefore be very few subjects left in the UK now - just those who were legally resident here before 1949 but orginally came from a country that had already achieved independence from the UK by then.

Last edited:
I could not remember what it said on my passport. I would have put money on it saying Btitish subject. Just had a look, I would have lost. The old black one said both.

Funny, mine says European Union at the top, UK gets second-billing to them, and only gets round to mentioning 'citizenship' on page 2,.:rolleyes:

The only mention of 'subject' is in the phrase 'no right of abode in the UK derives from the status of...British subjects'

On the actual id part of the passport, ie the one with the photograph, under Nationality it states British Citizen.
The cover and inner page state EU:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom