A big thanks to Eurocharged & Wallace Performance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulshep69

Car
C63 AMG Palladium Silver
Well, after 3 months of waiting for my Fi exhaust (serial number 24 and the 3rd European C63 to be fitted with one), courtesy of Eurocharged, it's finally fitted and boy is it epic, well worth the wait.

The noise from it with the valves closed is somewhere near a stock C63, but just a bit more angry, with valves open it's quite simply astounding and frightening.

The guys at Wallace Performance in Aberdeen had to dyno it out of hours last night, because the neighbours were complaining about the noise from my beast.

So, the power, well I've got BMC air filters fitted, the JL Motoring carbon intake - still waiting for a Carbonio air box - the full cat (200 cell) back Fi exhaust and the latest V5 Eurocharged map, it's churning out a rather respectable 444.1 RWHP and 427 lb/ft of torque. With the correction factor that most seem to use on here (x 1.18), that's just shy of 525 BHP.:bannana:

Huge thanks to Paul from Eurocharged and Matty and the team from Wallace for all the effort they put in to make my transaction as smooth as possible.

My car done that with only a remap 526 if I remember!:cool:

V8 Supercharger said:
This is going to be no good without hearing that exhaust now. Video time :cool:

I'm on it. I tried with my Gopro a couple of weeks ago but the wind was a real problem above 30 mph so I've bought an external microphone and a skeleton case for it. I'll give it a go over the weekend.

Met up with some C63 guys a few months ago on the M6. One of them (Liam I think his name was) had one of these systems fitted.

Now my car's not quiet, but it may have well been a G Whiz thing compared to the Fi on the C63. Awesome sound, possibly even too loud at full revs in that it felt like my ears were bleeding.

To this day it's still the loudest street car I've heard. Hope you have many happy hours with it. :)

My car done that with only a remap 526 if I remember!:cool:

Remember this is with the stock headers so the exhaust is for sound more than power. Long tube headers would have it closer to 550 BHP and would be twice as loud again (like yours LOL)

Would be interested to hear the difference between Fi and IPE seems to be a few options out there which can only be good for bringing the prices down.....hopefully.

Would be interested to hear the difference between Fi and IPE seems to be a few options out there which can only be good for bringing the prices down.....hopefully.

Having heard them both, I would say that the Fi is a lot more noticeable, though possibly a lot more "in your face" as well.

Not sure of the headers on the one I heard, though I'd guess long tube ones due to the deep noise, but whatever they were the exhaust itself was practically booming. I've heard a few of the IPE systems over the last few months (as you know) though these Fi things seem to be louder and growlier. (Is that a word?)

When I ran up with Liam and his mates (it was the day after the PCS do down in Hampshire) we were playing at passing each other on the M6. In a safe, legal and controlled manner obviously. The noise that it made on full bore was incredible, a really deep growl. Very loud and very raw. This was emphasised when we pulled up on the services at Sandbach and I stood behind it when he revved it a few times. It was almost painful, but in a good way. :D

It would be nice to put the two systems together and listen to them both that way as this would probably give the best comparison.

Have to say Eurocharged and Wallace also done the same sort of work on mine with an IPe system and V5 map although I already had the long headers fitted!!! Excellent work and the extra help from Matt at Eurocharged with the figures and some fault finding on the map was very much appreciated.. Especially when it was out of hours.
Again Wallace performance also a great job.

I was very impressed and again with the 1.1 conversion factor I was 557 at the engine and 504hp at the wheels.. Again with the 1.1 it worked out at just under 500nm of torques hehehe

They also fitted the LSD at the same time.. All of this has transformed the car and I'd never look back..

I'd love to hear the difference in systems.. Be very interesting as the IPe is just immense..

It's now very interesting keeping the car in a straight line... Got to love the how the Scottish hills have helped graft a network of open roads to play on ;-)

Suggestion for a Scottish AMG meet anyone?

Have to say Eurocharged and Wallace also done the same sort of work on mine with an IPe system and V5 map although I already had the long headers fitted!!! Excellent work and the extra help from Matt at Eurocharged with the figures and some fault finding on the map was very much appreciated.. Especially when it was out of hours.
Again Wallace performance also a great job.

I was very impressed and again with the 1.1 conversion factor I was 557 at the engine and 504hp at the wheels.. Again with the 1.1 it worked out at just under 500nm of torques hehehe

They also fitted the LSD at the same time.. All of this has transformed the car and I'd never look back..

I'd love to hear the difference in systems.. Be very interesting as the IPe is just immense..

It's now very interesting keeping the car in a straight line... Got to love the how the Scottish hills have helped graft a network of open roads to play on ;-)

Suggestion for a Scottish AMG meet anyone?

I was planning on going to crail at the end of August for a few runs, just a regular thrash day so no big queues and no idiots! :bannana:

I'm considering an LSD too but nowhere local to fit it.

PS. think you mean lbs/ft for the torque mate

I bought my LSD from Eurocharged in their sale and had Wallace fit this too ;-)

Me and my mate are going down to crail to have a play soon.. He wants to put his 5 series 335d against my c63...

His will be remapped and mine modified so should be interesting...

I bought my LSD from Eurocharged in their sale and had Wallace fit this too ;-)

Me and my mate are going down to crail to have a play soon.. He wants to put his 5 series 335d against my c63...

His will be remapped and mine modified so should be interesting...

haha yeah i might have an M3 mate and some others coming along. sure its the last thrash of august that I'll be going to, only one my rota allows me to get to.

I'll have a look and check dates.... Could be s good laugh....

Think I'll have to order tyres to fit afterwards haha... So hard to get a good launch without leaving 11's haha

I'm on it. I tried with my Gopro a couple of weeks ago but the wind was a real problem above 30 mph so I've bought an external microphone and a skeleton case for it. I'll give it a go over the weekend.

Here you go, a couple of videos. I'll do some more when I get back home in a couple of weeks - plus the next dyno run at Wallace Performance after my carbon air box fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Uz6HsLFHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMcc72u1GMM

Well, after 3 months of waiting for my Fi exhaust (serial number 24 and the 3rd European C63 to be fitted with one), courtesy of Eurocharged, it's finally fitted and boy is it epic, well worth the wait.

The noise from it with the valves closed is somewhere near a stock C63, but just a bit more angry, with valves open it's quite simply astounding and frightening.

The guys at Wallace Performance in Aberdeen had to dyno it out of hours last night, because the neighbours were complaining about the noise......

This sounds (no pun...) just what I need for my SL. Sensibleness around town, and mad loud when you want it!

Can you give me more detail as to what mods to the exhaust you did? Seems like race Cats were fitted?

Did you just fit the Fi and race Cats, or were other mods done too?

Also can you give a ball park figure on the Fi & Cats fitted, so I can budget, etc?

Thanks,
Robert

Pitts Pilot said:
This sounds (no pun...) just what I need for my SL. Sensibleness around town, and mad loud when you want it! Can you give me more detail as to what mods to the exhaust you did? Seems like race Cats were fitted? Did you just fit the Fi and race Cats, or were other mods done too? Also can you give a ball park figure on the Fi & Cats fitted, so I can budget, etc? Thanks, Robert

Hi Robert,

The exhaust is a bolt on system for the C63 from Fi (Frequency Intelligence) it has 200 cell sports cats, my other mods are BMC air filters and a V5 Eurocharged remap.

I paid £3150 for the exhaust, about £100 for the filters, around the £1000 mark for the remap from memory and £500 for the exhaust fit and dyno session.

You'd have to speak to Eurocharged for up to date prices for the exhaust, mine was discounted I believe, as it's only the 3rd European system and only the 24th Fi have made for the C63.

Cheers.

that fi sounds nice but that was a heavilly discounted price i think the fi is more than the ipe

that fi sounds nice but that was a heavilly discounted price i think the fi is more than the ipe

I think the full price quoted, at the time, for a full bolt on system was somewhere near the £4k mark, but you would have to check with Eurocharged.

I'm not sure how this compares to the price of the iPE? :dk:

I just liked the Italian exotic noise from the Fi with valves closed and the insane loudness when they're open. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom