A Big Thankyou to the Germans!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billy

Car
W211 E55 AMG (Black)
Slightly of topic but:

driving home in the M3 tonight on the M6 & the traffic stops Suddenly (70ish to zero quickly) I look in the mirror & see a Vectra coming fast, he swerves into lane 2 & misses me but the VW Polo doesn't OUCH!!!!!

His air bags goes off & his car looks like a :bannana: my car is now written off & I have a sore neck & back.

But the sobbering thought is after all the moaning about the reliability of German cars when it comes to the CRUNCH you realise just what you have paid for. I am now sat at home with a headache but not so many years ago if I was involved in a similar accident would I be able to talk about it???

Ouch, that sounds nasty.

It's frightening to think what could have happened when these things do happen, glad to hear you are OK, that is the main thing.

Originally posted by jimmy
Ouch, that sounds nasty.

It's frightening to think what could have happened when these things do happen, glad to hear you are OK, that is the main thing.

Ditto, hope you're ok Billy. How old is the M3? If its less than a year, do you not get a nice shiny replacement? :bannana:

Originally posted by Billy
But the sobbering thought is after all the moaning about the reliability of German cars when it comes to the CRUNCH you realise just what you have paid for.
You won't hear me trying to argue with that statement!

Slightly of topic but:

driving home in the M3 tonight on the M6 & the traffic stops Suddenly (70ish to zero quickly) I look in the mirror & see a Vectra coming fast, he swerves into lane 2 & misses me but the VW Polo doesn't OUCH!!!!!

His air bags goes off & his car looks like a :bannana: my car is now written off & I have a sore neck & back.

But the sobbering thought is after all the moaning about the reliability of German cars when it comes to the CRUNCH you realise just what you have paid for. I am now sat at home with a headache but not so many years ago if I was involved in a similar accident would I be able to talk about it???

Holy smokes dude , stuff the car , as long as youre ok :rock:

Yes were gettin a lotta bad news here lately...

Get well soon mate, and i hope everyone involved is ok....

Jay

With the clocks going back an hour and the dark nights there is usually an large increase in accidents so take care everyone.

Unfortunately as Billy found it doesn't matter how careful you are, its the idiot driving too close behind thats the problem. Driving to work on the M25 this morning and there was a guy in an Audi behind me driving very close, one hand on the wheel and the other round the passenger headrest for the whole time he was behind me. Even when changing lanes that hand didn't move! Idiot.

Glad that are OK Billy, the car can be fixed when you have finished thanking it for saving you serious injury.:cool: :cool:

My wife drives a micra and it is sooooooo fragile compared to my benz lol

Originally posted by GDC200
Thats at least 4 big crash recently........)

Thank god we're on the MB forum and not Ford or something, numberas could have been down now! This is exactly why I bought Mrs OG a C Class - she's carrying my 2 junior OG's around and I wasn't happy about the Rover she had if something like this happened.

Hope you're alright Billy.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the bad news Billy :( As has been said before the main thing is that you are okay, cars can be replaced, people can't :(

Get well soon mate.

I was travelling on the M6 last night, hated it since it was lashing it down with rain and the Road Angel seemed to be going off like a fruit-machine on payout... accident blackspot city.

S.

Hey Billy,

Bad luck!!!

(Had you been enjoying the BMW btw? Will you get another or go for a trio of AMGs?)

If you need a lawyer....naah, you probably want a good one :(

Hope your headache soon goes, and glad you're OK.

Hope you're ok and not too shaken up m8. As others have said, stuff the car it's the contents that count!

As an aside, I notice that all 3 cars you mentioned are German, not just yours!

Cheers
Andy

Just a quick update,

The Insurance Co have just decided (2 weeks later) that the car is repairable.

They have given the BMW Dealer the go-ahead to re-shell the car.

It will take 6 to 7 weeks at an estimated cost of £12,000

I am now driving a BMW 330d (DIESEL)

Billy,

I just saw the pic of your car in the test section.

:eek: :eek: Ouch :eek: :eek:

That must have hurt. Were you completely uninjured? Impressive crash protection if so!

How do you feel about having the car back?

Here's a picture:

http://www.poundhost.com/mbclub-file/Billy/M3.jpg

Guy,

Just some whiplash (ouch)

I don't want the car back! (never liked it anyway)

But realy having spoken to various Dealers I can only get one man to make me a bid to buy & it :( & I would not like to repeat the figure quoted.

It seems that a car that has been re-shelled rings alarm bells to the buying public so much so that Dealers would rather not buy it:confused:

I am seeking advice.

Last edited:
Billy,

It looks like the Polo driver didn't make any effort to stop at all :( Polo's don't carry much weight and judging by the damage to your car the Polo was travelling at some speed :eek:

S.

It seems that a car that has been re-shelled rings alarm bells to the buying public so much so that Dealers would rather not buy it:confused:

I am seeking advice.

Billy, it sounds like a big drop in value; are you claiming for diminution?

Just had the phone call "Your car is ready for collection, can we have the hire car back?"

I wonder what it's worth now after 11 weeks worth of repairs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom