A bit of a learning curve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazooka-Joe

Car
BMW 6-Series convertible
Hello all,

I am new to this forum as I am not a Mercedes owner as yet but desperately trying to get there. I did try three years ago and three years before that but having owned BMW's for the last 25 years either as company cars or through PCP's, it seems to be a struggle to find competitive pricing from Mercedes as BMW seem to come out way on top everytime.
My current 6 series convertible is due to change in October and I always said that I would love to get in to an SL but the pricing difference for pcp's between the SL and the 6-series vert is comparable to night and day. 2 and a half years ago, I paid £5,700 with monthly payments of £700 for the big six but I cant get anywhere near that for an SL. Prices from a third party are closer - obviously because they can buy the car at a heavily discounted rate and lease it on to me at the reduced cost but I have always preferred to work directly with dealers. Its a shame that Mercedes can't offer the same discounts for a pcp that they do for a cash sale.

I shall persevere as I have a little time. I am somewhat reluctant to order another 6 series as this one of mine has been a complete dog with constant component failure and it would be nice to switch to the three pointed star :)

Anyway I thought I would say hello and its nice to meet you all

Kev

Last edited:
Good luck with your quest, it would be interesting to know what issues you had with the BMW.

You're not wrong about the difference between the SL and the 6-series, I just had a look at contract hire and leasing and can't see anything under £1k/month. I suspect that there's not a big market so these are just deals based on list price rather than on actual cars or historical deals.

Have you tried speccing one up on Carwow? You'll get the discounts rolling in from the dealers and then you can talk about financing it. I'd have thought your notional £6k (ish) + £700 a month would get you into a discounted SL400 over three/four years.

Drive the deal - all day Long - best discounts on merc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom