A bit of a road trip between two assignments in 'The Smoke'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisa110rry

Car
1999 SLK Kompressor and a Honda CRV (the latter gone but not forgotten)
Good evening all,

Now as you can see, I live in the North. Weekend before last, I spent most of Saturday afternoon (well I think it was Saturday afternoon, could have been Sunday, I've slept since then) with a number of Auto Glym's products, doing what is right by my unusually coloured elderly SLK.

First I washed it, then I used some of that Meg... Clay, then I polished with the Auto Glym stuff, then finishing shine. And by the time I was finished I was just that...finished! I did most of this sitting down as I'm still recovering from a foot op, but hey! How much of my car isn't reachable from seated?

And then...I put the car back in the garage as I had to go to the Smoke to work. Got home on the Friday night, slept the sleep of the dead after 12-16 hour days working.

And then!

Well, loaded up the small terrier and my overnight bag and her (larger actually) overnight bag and after harnessing her in, we were off!

Off to the Derby area, eschewing Motorways, with the top down, to visit a friend who works at a stately home not open to the public!

It was a great trip, and the little dog was very well behaved (loves the top down with window open on her side).

And then I was back to London for work and have just returned.

I just couldn't resist this picture, but to be honest I don't really envy having the house, I'll stick with mine, but I think this picture has promise as a screen saver!

Regards, Lisa

(Pic to follow from my phone)

image-1601742885.jpg

Attachments

• image-1462552738.jpg
    image-1462552738.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 26
Oops, sorry, first time I've done a picture from my phone!

Why do I feel there should be a ghostly face at the open window!!!!:eek:

Quite Jeff, that's why the photo was taken in haste and then the car was put round the back! Pity it doesn't line up well, and a shame I couldn't have taken the pic a minute earlier as my dog was at the top of the stairs looking all regal! (Then she ran down to be next to me.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom