A Bit Of A Sticky Wicket! E Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpaul0055

Car
C250 C Class
Hi Guys

Well i ended up biting the MB bullet and getting a E250 CDI CAB. Absolutely love the car, and whole ownership experience so far..

I have one problem though, its quite a big one and I'm really unsure on how to handle It!

When i ordered the car i was aware of a Facelift coming out in March time. Eventually after a lot of deliberation i decided to step away from the car as i didn't feel comfortable with the facelift coming out so soon.

Later that day Mercedes call me and let me know that while the Estate and Saloon are being face lifted on 2013, the Cabrio and Coupe are not due for a facelift till Spring 2014!

My exact words where “well that makes a big difference then”

I'm not going to not buy a car because there is a facelift out over 16 Months away!

And a good few hours later i had bought the car.

Que Saturday morning, waking up, reading pistonheads and Bam, theres the new cabrio!!

Now I'm aware the car isn't available for order, but have heard it will be by the end of this month for April/May Deliveries.

This is such a disappointment as my dealer knew this was my main and only concern.

Im unsure where to go. I love the car, but would NEVER of bought it if Id known the facelift to be out this year. Which i did know, but then was reassured by MB that it was not!

My personal opinion is they should match the deal i got on my current car with a new car.

I would be happy to put a bit more money in due to it being a newer car, but i do feel like i have been mis-sold this car by Mercedes.

I have the dealer on my voice mail telling me the car is not out in 2013, and in 2014! So a he said, she said battle cant even come into the equation. That's what they told me, and its not true..

Opinions folks?

Thanks in advance. :dk:

There's not a great deal you can do now that you have the car except complain to the dealer.

Generally the dealer network finds out about the same time as the public with regard to facelifts so I doubt he even knew and probably took an educated or uneducated (cynical view) guess.

This happens all the time, but I would say that given that the E saloon facelift had been announced it was never going to be a year until they did the coupe too.

I do feel your pain... but it's still a great car, keep it 3 years and the depreciation difference shouldn't be too big. Probably a good 6 months before the facelift hits the streets?

Cheers for the reply :)

Thats the exact attitude i would of taken if i had just bought the car without constantly mentioning the facelift to the dealer.

It was there phone call telling me it is not out this year that made me buy the car. This was only 3 weeks ago.

Its a tricky one, Im not a kick and shout sort of guy, but im certainly no pushover.

Its less of the fact the facelift is out, its more the fact i was categorically told the facelift would not be out this year after walking away from the original deal...

Go back and see them, if they don't offer anything you can write a letter of complaint to:

1. Dealer Principle i.e. manager of the dealer you bought the car from
2. Mercedes Benz customer services

I would do (1) first and await a response before escalating to (2).

Try and work out what kind of compensation you would be happy with and remember that they won't take the car back.

I would be thinking along the lines of servicing, parts and accessories etc.

I can't say this is an issue that comes up with any regularity, and I suspect that the best way is to approach the dealer first, but if they don't play ball, then I'd speak to a solicitor (it won't be cheap) on the grounds that their representation (false for whatever reason as it turned out) induced you to buy a car you would not otherwise have bought. No idea what the measure of your loss would be though or your likelihood of success!

Your dealer must be poorly informed then, I knew at least a couple of months ago that the facelifted E-Coupe and Cabrio would be out this summer, although I didn't know what it would look like my salesman told me I could order one in January and get it in April/May if all goes to plan as a new facelift model but I declined the deal offered against mine.

Don't think there is much that can be done about it, just continue to enjoy the car you've got, they're not that different underneath it all. If it bugs you then complain like hell and press for a good deal against a new one in a few months time.

I'll make the call tomorrow morning and see what can be resolved.

Personally a good deal on a new one is my preferred option, but we will take it one step at a time.

We had a good time during the sale and I got in with a number of the staff so hopefully they will look after me.

I'll let you know how it pans out :)

Redc220: I've already taken delivery of the car, collected it on the 22nd of December

Hi Guys

Well i ended up biting the MB bullet and getting a E250 CDI CAB. Absolutely love the car, and whole ownership experience so far..

I have one problem though, its quite a big one and I'm really unsure on how to handle It!

When i ordered the car i was aware of a Facelift coming out in March time. Eventually after a lot of deliberation i decided to step away from the car as i didn't feel comfortable with the facelift coming out so soon.

Later that day Mercedes call me and let me know that while the Estate and Saloon are being face lifted on 2013, the Cabrio and Coupe are not due for a facelift till Spring 2014!

My exact words where “well that makes a big difference then”

I'm not going to not buy a car because there is a facelift out over 16 Months away!

And a good few hours later i had bought the car.

Que Saturday morning, waking up, reading pistonheads and Bam, theres the new cabrio!!

Now I'm aware the car isn't available for order, but have heard it will be by the end of this month for April/May Deliveries.

This is such a disappointment as my dealer knew this was my main and only concern.

Im unsure where to go. I love the car, but would NEVER of bought it if Id known the facelift to be out this year. Which i did know, but then was reassured by MB that it was not!

My personal opinion is they should match the deal i got on my current car with a new car.

I would be happy to put a bit more money in due to it being a newer car, but i do feel like i have been mis-sold this car by Mercedes.

I have the dealer on my voice mail telling me the car is not out in 2013, and in 2014! So a he said, she said battle cant even come into the equation. That's what they told me, and its not true..

Opinions folks?

Thanks in advance. :dk:

Mate, lifes too short, just enjoy the car. Whether its facelifted or not doesn't make what you have any less good.

I like the current look.

OT but we talk about potential new cars for you.

You have two Citreon saloons and your 210. You mentioned 212s but could you get by with an E coupe. They're lovely cars actually.

Last time I looked at one I wasn't completely struck by the dashboard and thought the seats were a bit flat...plus having to cut rear seat passengers legs off could make a mess.

I do like the outside though, so might look again.

Last time I looked at one I wasn't completely struck by the dashboard and thought the seats were a bit flat...plus having to cut rear seat passengers legs off could make a mess.

I do like the outside though, so might look again.

Take one of the sheds for rear passangers?

Its purely an opinion thing but the seats is what drew me to the car. They're great. Way better than the ones in mine and in the 212. Only an S class beats it.

Wait, did I say something bad about my car:eek:

Remember the key thing here is not how much you like your car, but the depreciation hit that you WILL take given that there is a new model coming very soon and it's a wholesale styling change to the new car.

You do deserve to be compensated.

Bit unfortunate to say the least.

As in all things though proof is key. It's no good if all you have is hear say and verbal assurances. If you have no letter headed paperwork from the Dealer assuring you that the Facelift is 16 months away then you'll be wasting your time going further if the Dealer isn't interested now.

A Cynic may suggest if this was that bigger deal to you then why didn't you get it in writing first?

Bit unfortunate to say the least.

As in all things though proof is key. It's no good if all you have is hear say and verbal assurances. If you have no letter headed paperwork from the Dealer assuring you that the Facelift is 16 months away then you'll be wasting your time going further if the Dealer isn't interested now.

A Cynic may suggest if this was that bigger deal to you then why didn't you get it in writing first?

I didn't ask for it in writing because as mentioned in my post I have a voice mail from MB confirming the new car is not out till Spring 2014. That will do for me.

Bummer, experience spoiled for you obviously.

My take is similar to the other poster that said enjoy the car you have and don't fret about a facelift model around the corner.

I was told the same thing 2 months ago when I bought my C-Class - no facelift in the near future so you'll be set for years, now we have all seen the new C-Class design, due out soon. The difference in my case is I am SO GLAD I got the current the shape because the new C Class looks like a volvo, I would not have that car.

Do you know you would prefer the new design, or just hankering after having the very latest model?

Try and enjoy what you have mate because in my experience, you are heading down a route of painful, prolonged, anxiety. You have a great car, I'm assuming with no issues, love it!

Dont get me wrong guys, im loving the car!

I have spoke to the dealer and they have been nothing but apologetic, so far.

Needless to say im massively impressed once again with MB, nothing is resolved, but the attitude was refreshing. Certainly in this blame culture we live in.

Ill report back next week with more info.

I was told the same thing 2 months ago when I bought my C-Class - no facelift in the near future so you'll be set for years, now we have all seen the new C-Class design, due out soon. The difference in my case is I am SO GLAD I got the current the shape because the new C Class looks like a volvo, I would not have that car.
Another new C Class is coming out? I hadnt seen anything about that.

I know it's the principle that counts (you were misled) but from what I've seen the external facelift on the convertible is confined to a more aggressive looking front end which is arguably no nicer than the current one. Unlike the saloon/estate the rear wheel arch protuberance is being retained which is a shame in my view. All a matter of opinion of course.

Worth making a copy of the voicemail message which you could take along to a meeting with the dealer principal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom