A bit of help please !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevie_a

Car
EQA 250 AMG Premium Plus
A bit of help please !

My W205 auto boot open/shut has stopped working, it will click open go up an inch then stop,
does the same on the inside button tailgate button and the remote, also will not close.

it all happened, was i was in the boot, pressed closed button then realized, i had left something in boot i quickly grabbed it as the boot was closing boot stopped closing, so pressed close on remote, but nothing, so closed it manually, now only thing that happens is latch opens but that's it , no lift

Have I posted in the wrong section or does nobody know the answer !:(

Can you raise and lower it by hand? Otherwise its going to have to be a trip to the dealer unless:
Could there be unseen damage, maybe done while it was parked and unknown to you?

It now thinks that is its new top position. You need to teach it in again.
We do it on the star machine but I think if you open it all the way manually, then close using the button, it will relearn where the top is.

If not any independent or dealer can do it.

Done that, no joy
booked in to dealer, but not till two weeks time, which i thought was a long time to wait

This may help.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But will probably need the STAR machine to reset the bootlid in your situation.

Thought I'd give you a quick update, put the car into Mercedes today, went to pick car up, first thing I did was attempt to open the boot, to my surprise it still has the same fault, I asked him of what you have done? He replied we replaced the cables, to which I replied why?
He looked confused !
I had to leave the car for another day,

^ And this is why I prefer indies to main dealers.

Replace bits at the customers expense (unless under warranty) until its fixed.:wallbash:

Have I posted in the wrong section or does nobody know the answer !:(

Ahem! If you don't get an answer on the same day as you post a question, it may just be that nobody who knows the answer has read your post yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom