A Bit Of Swedish Cool I Reckon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
So after the Merc was nicked I spent a while in a Skoda - a bit of a knee jerk to avoid us jumping up at every noise outside, as I figured the bad guys wouldn't smash my front door down to get to it, however, 3 years later and having been legislated out of our clean air city because it's Euro 5, the Skoda needed to go.
Choices were limited - large, stylish, not German - really there was only one choice, so today I did the deal on this...
Very well specced, as an Inscription Pro, D5 with AWD, and chosen partly because it's very close to the Teallite Blue of my first S211.
I'm thinking I may return to the odd MB Club meet in it, like Peter did in his Lexus :cool:
VolvoJed.JPG Volvojed1.JPG

Very nice John. Volvo is a brand I'll consider when AMG's are no longer of interest to me. Be a while though;)

Would be great to see you at the BOTG in May this year.

Very nice John. Volvo is a brand I'll consider when AMG's are no longer of interest to me. Be a while though;)

Would be great to see you at the BOTG in May this year.

Hello Rog - I'd love to, but it's a gig night for my lad, so whilst not impossible, it's unlikely :(

Nice.
We've had a few Volvo's over the years. Capable cars.

It has some stuff on it that my E63 had in 2014 - the autonomous driving features and 360 deg camera, but some new stuff too like HUD and engine remote start (from your phone - timed if required)

Last edited:
I really like the new generation of Volvo, the XC90 in particular just looks fantastic.

I did test one when we were considering buying our eclass but everything via the touchscreen (which was laggy on the model we tried) was a pain for me. Also I didn’t want a diesel and non of the higher power hybrids were available

I did test one when we were considering buying our eclass but everything via the touchscreen (which was laggy on the model we tried) was a pain for me. Also I didn’t want a diesel and non of the higher power hybrids were available

Agreed re the touch screen - I will miss the simplicity of turning knobs and found it a bit odd that safety conscious Volvo presents you with a touch screen where you need to take your eyes off the road to operate almost everything - very strange. I do believe some of the major controls are voice activated, but haven't tried that yet.

I'm very impressed with the value for money they offer, on the leasing market anyway. The Momentum Pro models are barely more expensive than the Cupra, I'll certainly be looking when this one goes back.

They are a decent buy too - this one is 10 months old and I picked it up at £22K below new.

I had a Loan v90 from Waterhouse Cars Chelmsford , Was a nice place tobe and very comfortable, Dash had been fitted a little wonky believe it or not but other than that it was very nice.

I have a Volvo estate. Probably the forerunner of yours. Needs a little bit of work though...

I really must get around to doing something with it!

The XC90 and V90 interiors are quite similar - very classy IMO
Wife had one recently, the X5 is a way better car though.

I have a Volvo estate. Probably the forerunner of yours. Needs a little bit of work though...

I really must get around to doing something with it!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lovely, John.

I recall seeing one of those for the first time and it immediately caught my eye. Very sleek.
Best viewed from side on IMHO, which I think does the car more justice than the pics posted up to now.

Good luck. :thumb:

Whenever I see one of those I think how sleek they look. Nice colour too.

It’s just a shame you can’t get anything other than a 4 cylinder engine in one, but that’s the way the world’s going these days, unfortunately..

Cheers,

Gaz

Lovely for an old fart like you John.
These new Volvos are quite unique looking on the road compared to the likes of the latest anonymous BMWs and Audis.

That’s a great place to be sat in, pretty much a match for a Merc.......

Good choice, so enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom