A blonde question about Winter/Summerfit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dchaddah

Car
W209 09 220CDI Sport
I currently have a W209 and having shelled out money on having the washerjets cleaned and then replaced due to gunge, I've armed myself with Winterfit and Summerfit bottles.

As we are in winter obvisouly sensible to use the winterfit but I read on the summerfit it can be mixed with winterfit. Is this a good idea? If so what is the mixture amount.

Currently I've jsut put 1/2 bottle of winterfit in a full tank of water. Is this the right amount?

You can mix them -usually says on the bottle basically more Winterfit = lower temp washer fluid will stay unfrozen--- however in very cold conditions the last few drops on the washer jet tend to freeze in the slipstream anyway although the washer bottle contents may still be liquid. The old blue stuff used to be mainly isopropyl alcohol

Last edited:
Is there any particular advantage is using MB's stuff as opposed to the more-generic Holts?

There was a problem at one time with some washer additives fogging the plastic headlights but I don't know if that still applies?

There was a problem at one time with some washer additives fogging the plastic headlights but I don't know if that still applies?

That would have been the acetone then :eek:

I don't have HIDs on this car, but the previous on did have Xenons (and headlight washers) and seemed quite happy with Holts in the seven years I had it.

I don't have HIDs on this car, but the previous on did have Xenons (and headlight washers) and seemed quite happy with Holts in the seven years I had it.

The problem appears in the eighth year...:doh:

So in the Winter is 1/2 a bottle of Winterfit per tank of water a reasonable mix?
I'm presuming that even thou summerfit can be mixed its best saved till the summer or is there a benifit to mix?

So in the Winter is 1/2 a bottle of Winterfit per tank of water a reasonable mix?
I'm presuming that even thou summerfit can be mixed its best saved till the summer or is there a benifit to mix?

I use a full bottle to a full reservoir which is about 5:1 winterfit:water.

When the weather is well into minus figures then I add an extra bottle.

No need to mix summerfit and winterfit, as it won't improve the performance of winterfit - it's necessary though to transition between Summer and Winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom