Hmmmm?

• Their bridges are too low?

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Their vans are too high?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Their drivers are just plain stupid?

Votes: 52 83.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Brilliant !!!!

Does remind me of the first time I hired a 7.5 ton truck. I stopped just in time. Car behind was a tad ****** off with my emergency stop.

A 3 point turn, having never driven one before was fun.

2:30 is funny.

I would say their bridges are probably a bit too low as well as the more obvious answer to the poll...

:doh:

Ha ha!

They should call that bridge 'The Tin Opener'. :D

I bet all those trucks were removed to the scrape yard.

they should lower the road level by 12" in that stretch. much cheaper all round in the long run.

Someone needs to webcam the bridge next to Parson's Green tube station as I reckon they'd get similar footage. Usually removals vans collecting from the Big Yellow Self Storage place. Significant portions of my life have been wasted sitting on district line trains waiting for an engineering inspection of that bridge before the train could proceed.

Properly Funny video :D

I like the way some of the drivers seem to just try and carry on going.. As if no one will notice! Lol :D

they should lower the road level by 12" in that stretch. much cheaper all round in the long run.

I reckon even less- perhaps just needs a couple of permanent arrays of Stingers on either side?

Or they could just set up a couple of poles about 20ft ahead, with lasers and detectors that flash up an emergency stop light if they get broken...but why spoil the fun!

Someone needs to webcam the bridge next to Parson's Green tube station as I reckon they'd get similar footage. Usually removals vans collecting from the Big Yellow Self Storage place. Significant portions of my life have been wasted sitting on district line trains waiting for an engineering inspection of that bridge before the train could proceed.

I live 5 mins drive from this. I guess I have done near 200 U-Turns in the last 3 years.

It's in America, doesn't that mean this poll result is a foregone conclusion?

Or they could just set up a couple of poles about 20ft ahead, with lasers and detectors that flash up an emergency stop light if they get broken...but why spoil the fun!

Standing 11 feet and 8 inches high at Peabody and Gregson streets, the railway bridge is an insurmountable obstacle for drivers of large trucks and other oversized vehicles. This is despite the yellow warning lights, which start flashing on the bridge when the electronic height sensor detects that an approaching vehicle is too tall.

Try the Blackwall Tunnel in London. Overheight warnings start about 15 miles before the tunnel and increase in frequency, flashing lights etc. They now have laser scans in the approach which detect overheight wagons, which are alerted by alarms and tannoys telling them to stop. They sometimes dont. This blocks the entrance for hours as tyres are let down, winches attached etc. Drivers get a large fine.

Here is a couple i have delt with lately at work...

IMG_0043_zps8f49db15.jpg

IMG_0009_zps1eb418f1.jpg

I have to confess to driving a Luton Transit into the overhead canopy at a filling station. Fortunately I was only going very slowly but the van did stop very suddenly. I remember looking at the ground past the end of the bonnet, thinking "what the blazes did I just hit, I didn't see anything"......then slowly raising my eyes when it dawned on me what I was driving. The lass behind the counter was falling about laughing. "Happens all the time" she said. I did have some explaining to do when I returned the hire van -which had a lovely dent in the bodywork.

Easily done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom