A british business doing rather well.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I saw on tv the other day the problems there having with Chinese copies of there bike ,glad there still doing well

The Brompton bike was a great running gag in W1A...

[YOUTUBE]Sn-qi6SVXyo[/YOUTUBE]

I'm told they also do a very expensive titanium edition

The Brompton bike was a great running gag in W1A...

:D

I would add that Bromptons do seem to be as much about fashion as anything else. Folding bikes with small wheels may be practical but they can look silly - and the trick Brompton manage is to charge high prices and make the looking silly a matter of looking acceptably silly.

I still can't figure how they are worth more than a £250 retail .....

So as an investor given that they charge closer to £1000 then I'd be looking for some very high margins showing in their numbers or I'd be very worried about them getting slaughtered at some stage.

C240Sport97 said:
I'm told they also do a very expensive titanium edition
Yup, that was in W1A too :D

:D

I would add that Bromptons do seem to be as much about fashion as anything else. Folding bikes with small wheels may be practical but they can look silly - and the trick Brompton manage is to charge high prices and make the looking silly a matter of looking acceptably silly.

(Most) cyclists look silly by dint of what they are wearing long before any bike is factored in. They could mount their grandmother and look no less silly in that garb.

Yup, that was in W1A too :D

Great series - WOW! COOL!

(Most) cyclists look silly by dint of what they are wearing long before any bike is factored in. They could mount their grandmother and look no less silly in that garb.

:D Legendary.

Great series - WOW! COOL!
Yeah, like wow! Cool!

The "slightly baffled, rat in a trap" look from Bonneville in the closing shot of the last episode of the second series was priceless :D

The predecessor, Twenty Twelve is worth watching again too.

Yeah, like wow! Cool!

The "slightly baffled, rat in a trap" look from Bonneville in the closing shot of the last episode of the second series was priceless :D

The predecessor, Twenty Twelve is worth watching again too.

Going a little off-topic here.... I never got Twenty Twelve but thought W1A was, well, well COOL!
A critic on The Independent who has friends working at the BBC said that they were told that W1A is very close to real life at the Beeb. I've viewed the BBC differently since. It is a class act though, W1A. Roll on a third series.

I inherited a Brompton from my late Dad. Brilliant piece of design that after 10 odd years, has not been bettered.

Unlike father, I'm not a rabid bicyclist but am seriously considering the electric front wheel conversion, though, at c£750 it's a pile of cash - even if the bike came free.

Whilst clearly not designed for serious cyclists, for normal people like me looking to pedal along old railways lines or canal towpaths, then carry it onto a bus (free OAP travel) it can make for a grand day oot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom