A/C Condensor Price?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GregE240

Car
1990 500SL
Just got a call from the MB garage, seems my condensor has a hole in it :(

Any idea how much I'll have to fork out for one? I've seen prices varying from £115 to over £400!

Thanks,

Greg

I paid around £300, but it was quite a rare one apparently !

get the part number from the dealers and drop bluestar an email, he got me mine £150 cheaper than dealer, and it was OEM.

Last edited:
GregE240 said:
Just got a call from the MB garage, seems my condensor has a hole in it :(

Any idea how much I'll have to fork out for one? I've seen prices varying from £115 to over £400!

Thanks,

Greg
Mine cost me £300 when I had it replaced. Parts & labour all in, GF did it for me. Linky

:( Sorry to p|$$ on your chips.

S.

Last edited:
Steve, theres different ones at varying prices for different cars!

Bluestar has saved me a bundle on parts in the past and all OEM , although he does have problems getting AMG specific ones!

Cheers guys. The dealer is quoting about £220 plus vat plus fitting, but said they will "sort me out" because they failed to spot it when it was recharged.

Just got a call from my stealer..apparently my condensor has leaks in it and they want £570 inc fitting inc Vat. Does this seems reasonable?

Hmm..the sight of money draining out is always not good...

rizal2510 said:
Just got a call from my stealer..apparently my condensor has leaks in it and they want £570 inc fitting inc Vat. Does this seems reasonable?

Hmm..the sight of money draining out is always not good...

Phone them back and ask why you are paying for two when the car only needs one. Get the part number and check it online in the german price book and then ask for the labour hours and gassing charge.

http://wwwsg.daimlerchrysler.com/Projects/wi/cda/etpl

Then ask another dealer.

Had another dealer quote me for the works..not that far off but a bit cheaper at £530..have to scout around for lower prices than that..maybe have to brace the summer without a/c :eek: but I'll be exporting the car from the UK to somewhere warmer later on the year..for the price that I've been quoted I could do the whole a/c system there...

Anyway there's always my W202 which has a/c and working... :rock:

The prices are staggering, I charge £55 + VAT to recharge a system with up to 1 kg of R134a. Condensers vary in price enormously, most radiator companies can now source condensers, try them, most condensers are simple to fit, sometimes you have to drain and remove the radiator.

Radiator services at Stoke on Trent sell condensers 01782 272455 ( my brother in law as just ordered a condenser for a Peugout, £80 + VAT )

HELLA at Byfleet sell air conditioning parts www.hella.co.uk

Alternatively ring a mate of mine who is the manager of a refrigeration wholesalers who sells car air conditioning components, if any one wants to use my name as an introduction feel free, tell them that Andy at A1 Cooling Technology recommended them, they also deal in mail order so postage is not a problem.

Today I priced out a condenser for a W202 from CARS (UK) 01782 823333, the price to you is £145 + VAT. Ring Mark at the above phone number, mention my name and he will fix you up. ( I have already asked him ) He can supply air con parts for any vehicle.

PS I have no tie with that company what so ever, I just use them to buy my refrigeration components from for my own business.

Thanks for the heads up Andy,could give them a ring for my W210 condensor but atm still scouting around for it in Glasgow..probably in a couple of weeks since I'm off for a holiday...

Thanks again!! :bannana:

I was going to DIY source my leak and recharge with the DIY kit from Halfords that repair minor holes in non metal components, but chickened out.

I was also going to take my car to an independent aircon place, but decided in the end to go main dealer because of the 40% off labour and 10% off parts benefit and pay a little extra for piece of mind with Tony Purslow.

It transpired my condenser was leaking (I was kinda suspecting it was a metal component) and the cost was £306 inc VAT for the parts and labour to fit with some new rubber seals/rings (the front bumper on the W210 also has to be removed which bumped up the labour element). Then £110 for the recharge and the original leak diagnostics and new UV dye just in case - total £416 inc VAT, not cheap, but just borderline for me but also reassuring the correct part would fit properly.

Anyway if you want third party condensors then it's much cheaper and this will give you an indication of the bottom end of the market PART ONLY! + delivery;
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AutoCool-North-West_Mercedes-A-C-Parts_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Mercedes C Class (W202 Series) A/C Condenser Radiator
£125.00

£125.00

£128.00

Mercedes E Class (W124 Series) A/C Condenser Radiator
£98.00

Mercedes E Class (W210 Series) A/C Condenser Radiator
£105.00

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Aircon-Medic_Mercedes-Air-con-Parts_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Mercedes (W126 SERIES) air-conditioning condenser
£110.00

Mercedes (W129 SERIES) air-conditioning condenser
£150.00

Mercedes S CLASS (W140 SERIES) air-con condenser
£130.00

Mercedes 190 (W201SERIES) air-con condenser
£165.00

Mercedes C CLASS (W202SERIES) air-con condenser
£145.00

Mercedes C CLASS (W203SERIES) air-con condenser
£180.00

Mercedes CLK & SLK (W208SERIES) air-con condenser
£130.00

Mercedes VITO(W638SERIES) air-con condenser
£115.00

Mercedes E CLASS (W210 SERIES) air-con condenser
£115.00

Mercedes S CLASS (W220 SERIES) air-con condenser
£135.00

Mercedes M CLASS (W163 SERIES) air-con condenser
£125.00

/EDIT
I've noticed these two merchants tend to concentrate on condensers rather than compressors, evaporators and receiver driers - so I guess condensers must be more failure prone.

Last edited:
Paid £130 for a W202 condensor from Eurocarparts

i bought one from euro for mine for £250, but gave it back as it wasnt an oem part, then went to bluestar!

I paid £161 +VAT for a new Hella condenser for my car. The C230k shares the condenser with the C250TD but no other models IIRC.

The C230k and C250TD have the same intercooler too :)

uumode said:
.../EDIT
I've noticed these two merchants tend to concentrate on condensers rather than compressors, evaporators and receiver driers - so I guess condensers must be more failure prone.
Yep the condensor is placed infront of the engine radiator so the condensor takes the brunt of all the hits from flys/stones/debris etc. that make their way through the grille and into the front of the engine bay.

S.

my ac is not working properly hoping its not the condensor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom