A/C fans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kevinE200

When my 1998 E200 W210 stuck in the traffic in hot days, the A/C works badly. But when my W210 runs on the road, the A/C is super cool again. I notice that there are 2 fans in the front of the radiator but I never see them move even when my car is running in idle hot. Are they broken and how to check and fix it? Thanks!

known fault fan control relay dealership will need vin no and take a few days to order part £100 and 5 mins to fit can do as a diy relay is inder the passenger wheel arch and thus gets wet relays and water hence they go faulty do check air con ok when not in traffic how high does temp gauge get to in traffic if above 90 then faulty relay more than likely

How can I get access to this relay which is insider the passenger wheel arch?
From the engine room? From the wheel arch?
When I get stuck in the traffic, the temp. is close to 100C

plastic cover under whhel arch has to be removed about 8 nuts plastic from memory you need to take the wheel off and there is 2 nuts holding relay in place easy to change only 5 mins honest and make sure ignition off and you push the plastic clip in tight i put waterproof seal on my new one just to be safe nb no codes are stored by the obc when they go faulty many people drive and think high temp ok what would happen if ambient temp got to 30plus deg c and stuck in traffic ????? cylinder head

progress report please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom