A/C not working???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Black Scorpion

Car
AMG C63
I have just been for a drive out in the C63.
After a few miles thought I would put the A/C on.
Pressed button, light came on but no cold air?
Tried a few times and gave up.

Returned home tried again and now if I press the A/C button I get a flashing light. It flashes 3 times.

I know it needs to go into Mercedes but due to the fact it was a solid red light and now it flashes would that indicate a recharge of the system or a fault?
I wondered if it has been very low on gas then ran out.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks in advance.

could be low gas , pressure switch or interior temp sensor at fault . along with a long list of other possibles. needs a scan . if your local i can scan it for you .

could be low gas , pressure switch or interior temp sensor at fault . along with a long list of other possibles. needs a scan . if your local i can scan it for you .

Thanks for the offer of the scan.
As it needs to go in to be sorted I will get them to scan it and fix it.
The service has been good up to now so this will test them.

The flashing light is an indicator that the system is empty.. it will need a recharge, but this is where it gets interesting, you'll possibly need a condensor as its located in front or to the right of the radiator and therefore prone to stone punctures.. so it may be an expensive bill, just giving you the heads up...

The flashing light is an indicator that the system is empty.. it will need a recharge, but this is where it gets interesting, you'll possibly need a condensor as its located in front or to the right of the radiator and therefore prone to stone punctures.. so it may be an expensive bill, just giving you the heads up...

Thought you were going to bed? :eek:

Not with you mate..:D:D:D:D

I never said I was going to bed all I said was "Laters.." I had to nick out and pick up the missus who was out at her aunts...

Lol fair enough :D

I've had this problem (thread is somewhere) and Mercedes Stockport fed me a right pile of crap about changes in environmental legislation meaning they couldn't regas it unless they change the condenser. Horrible service. Took it to Mercedes Warrington who tested it for leaks (none) tested the condenser (fine) filled it back up and sent me on my way. Weird thing was it worked fine for about 6 weeks then did the same thing again. Back to Warrington who sorted it again and since then (touch wood) it's been fine. When I was searching around for this I came across lots of internet wisdom which concluded that the aircon system in the W204 is dogsh1t.

I’m having the same problems. Took it to my local dealer who told me it was “outside ingress” and wouldn’t be covered under warranty. They quoted me £1400. I brought it back home and rang the dealer that I bought it from which isn’t local and they picked it up and dropped it back off. They told me there was nothing wrong with the condenser, everything was fine until the weather warmed up and i noticed it wasn’t working again. It is still under warranty but my life is too short to be wasting it dealing with idiots. I am going to get it fixed and pay for it by somebody who will show a little interest and not talk to me like I am stupid.

I had this on my 2013 coupe, took it to the dealer for a regas but the condenser was damaged.
They said 95% are due to corrosion caused by a build up of debris and this is covered by warranty, if it was stone damaged then its not and that was going to be c£1000 to replace the condenser.
Fortunately it was corrosion so it didn't cost a penny and all done in about half a day.

I've just got mine back.
Had the flashing lights that you had.
Got it re gassed and there was no cold air. Gas was then taken back out in case there was a leak that we couldn't find without the compressor working.
Just had the compressor replaced and everything is working fine. No leak was found but it is going back in on Friday to make sure that there is no slow leak.
£827 for everything so far.

Many thanks for the replies.
Well we will know next Tuesday what the fault is.
I will let you all know the outcome and the cost.

Mine has got the same problem at the moment, has been garaged for months and was fine before it was. I went out for a drive in it a few weeks ago with same issue flashing red ac, no cold air or the ac motor turning. The car is under extended warranty and glad it is £800+ for it to go on a garaged car without many miles isnt good. The car is due for service next month and to get fixed too.

Mine has got the same problem at the moment, has been garaged for months and was fine before it was. I went out for a drive in it a few weeks ago with same issue flashing red ac, no cold air or the ac motor turning. The car is under extended warranty and glad it is £800+ for it to go on a garaged car without many miles isnt good. The car is due for service next month and to get fixed too.

Be careful they don't try and claim "stone damage" Phil ... to wheedle out of a warranty repair.
The AC is definitely a weak point in the car design.

I had this on my previous c180 (2011), face-lift. After much investigation it turned out to be the evaporator, the worst possible diagnosis (dash out job) and a £1400 bill. It was just out of approved used warranty. I went through MB UK and wasn't satisfied with the goodwill offer they made me, so wrote (letter not email) to the CEO of MB UK. Had the whole job paid for in full. Worked for me as I replaced the car recently with another MB.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom