A car rarer than a 250 GTO anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
Super vettura in Sunningdale have one of the rarest cars in the world in their showroom.

Its a Lamborghini Revention roadster. What makes it rarer than most is there were just 15 of these built. Only three are RHD. The other two are in Asia.

Lamborghini Reventon Roadster For Sale

Ive seen it alongside the Koenigsegg things they have aswell. It does look awesome. If only i'd won the lottery............

Will have plenty of zeros in it that's for sure

Footballer's car.

In 4 years someone has paid a small fortune for a car, covered 1,000 miles and lost loads of money. Granted it's exclusive, it probably is an unbelievable drive but could the owner(s) get satisfaction from so little use?

I also think they need to look at their marketing, using a F15 fighter as a descriptor seems odd as they've been around since the 1970's

Visited Mike Williams Restorations recently, they're in the middle of completely rebuilding an Isotta Franchescini Type 8B from the 1920,s - one of only 14 left worldwide. The rebuild will take 3 years! I'd far rather have that than the Lambo - although getting the engine going requires 1/4 teaspoon of petrol into each of the 8 little cup valves along the side of the engine before trying to start it.

James - get my car ready and running please!!

not sure how much enjoyment i would get in driving a car as rare or 'exclusive' as that. How could you relax driving it around or leaving it parked somewhere? nevermind someone following you home. even if i had a stupid amount of money, i'd rather have 4 or 5 top end cars like sl63 or r8s that aren't going to attract as much attention and give you great driving enjoyment.

I'll take the 250GTO, thanks.. that's fugly :wallbash:

Cheers,

Gaz

Its a Lamborghini Revention roadster. What makes it rarer than most is there were just 15 of these built. Only three are RHD.

I quite like that! Trumped in terms of rareness by the CLK GTR roadster though :D

Only six of those made, and only one (currently at MB World) in RHD!

There was an LHD one up for sale recently ... in the US I think.

not sure how much enjoyment i would get in driving a car as rare or 'exclusive' as that. How could you relax driving it around or leaving it parked somewhere? nevermind someone following you home. even if i had a stupid amount of money, i'd rather have 4 or 5 top end cars like sl63 or r8s that aren't going to attract as much attention and give you great driving enjoyment.

Couldn't agree more!

I doubt that 250GTO owners actually put any miles on them....

In 4 years someone has paid a small fortune for a car, covered 1,000 miles and lost loads of money. Granted it's exclusive, it probably is an unbelievable drive but could the owner(s) get satisfaction from so little use?

I also think they need to look at their marketing, using a F15 fighter as a descriptor seems odd as they've been around since the 1970's

I don't think they'll have lost money on it?

" doubt that 250GTO owners actually put any miles on them.... "

I think Nick Mason would disagree ...

Does he actually drive it around, apart from Goodwood etc?

I get the impression there are 2 sorts of owners of these " classics" . Goes without saying they are both impossibly rich. One who I might term " old style money" buy em and use em on the road and in classic motoring events. Two "new style money" buy them as a beautiful object or investment principally as an expression of their wealth and as such are essentially museum pieces from the off.:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom