A Charity track day at Goodwood 30th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry I am going to miss it guys - I had my car all prepped! My helmet is even in the boot.

Hope you have a great, safe day and remember...

- stay safe
- don't have the chili con carne!

S

Goodwood today

Just to say a thanks for everyones company today at Goodwood, did not get to chat to you all as I may have wished, and missed out saying goodbye to a few of you, Alps, Mika, Lagerlout, Lopes and Garry, AceJ, Maff, Craig Williams, Andy M, and finally to the man himself, who risk salt and grit to attend to keep us all company today, Rashman, great to see you all again, it was very cold but a dry day, think everyone has enjoyed themselves, albeit Lopes and Garry's car failed the noise test misrabley, and by a wide margin, prehaps another day for their ultra powerful subi!

Agreed Ricky. Great to catch-up with you all and the weather gods were smiling today. I had a lot of fun and really happy that my car is no longer a track virgin. Lots of video and pictures and once there sent through I will post. Thanks should also go to Simon for finding his event and I hope all went well today?

My mate Ian got black flagged for noise in the end!

Thanks should also go to Simon for finding his event and I hope all went well today?

So say I.

Really good day today
Nice to meet you all once again:thumb:
i thought there were some very interesting cars on track today
I particularly liked the pair of Sunbeam Alpines - they didnt have all the electronic gadgetry
but i bet they were fun to drive:D

my brake pedal went very long by the end of the day
and my son (hes getting the blame anyway) finished off what i thought were a perfectly good set of rear tyres too

still the 63 survived, it was rather strange sitting in the passenger seat but
hes a happy lad having touched 132 mph down the lavant straight

thanks to all and regards to Simon hope all went well

sorry i left a little early and missed saying goodbye to a few of you

Top day guys, apologies to all I didnt get to speak to, the day seemed to go so quicky!

Thanks to simon for finding out about the day ad letting us all know!

Did anybody take any pics? Rashman?

Ricky, how did you like the new brakes on the track?

Did anybody take any pics? Rashman?

Ricky, how did you like the new brakes on the track?

Hi Alx, my friend, not too sure on pic's, Lopes and Rash I think took some photo's. Also think Craig Williams has a video of my somewhere, looking forward to seeing that sometime.

The brakes are a current issue for me, going back to Birmingham tomorrow to have them checked over. first thing this morning at Goodwood, a bit of judderey virbration on hard braking, which at certain levels remained during course of the day, but must say my last session, my mate I brought along thought as did I that the brakes were better, and to me less virbration, so my thoughts are that I need them to bed in to this latest set up. I am going to give them a test up the M40 tomorrow, so will see how they go.

No pics yet guys?

Simon,

I have 2 gig of video and shots that my friend shot but won't be back in the uk until Sat.

Not sure what Rash managed to get?

Hey guys!

Sorry for the late posting! :doh:

I really enjoyed the day and was very glad I got up early to join you all!

What a frosty morning it was... but the drive down was great fun :rock:

Roads were fine on the way down and the car made the journey unscathed and spotless on arrival :D

Here are some pictures. Again, sorry for the delay in posting them.

The noise testing was funny...

You'll see from a couple of the pictures that it was all laughter and smiles until test-time came, where faces dropped and nerves grew.... "will I pass???....will I pass????" (Justin, in particular!...hahaha) :crazy::crazy:

LOL!!!:D:D

It's a great shame that we couldn't get to see Lopes' & Gary's Evo on track... but at 107 odd db, it was not surprising! And that was with a bung in the exhaust! :eek::rock::devil:

Great to see you all guys!

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures Rsman,

I will post more at the weekend when I get back.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom