A CL without the toys....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bunchy100

Morning all,

Firstly, I would just like to thank you all for your help and advice on the purchase of a CL, and to congratulate you on such a friendly and useful forum. Being new to MB and especially a beast of a car such as the CL, it's nice to know that there are people out there that are willing to help others, for no personal gain and without making fun of our lack of experience and knowledge! So here is a big thank you to you all.

As, (hopefully) a new CL owner in the very near future, I have located what seems to be a good 03 model, at the right price, but it lacks some of the toys. Can anybody tell me if it is possible to retro fit the TV functionality to the Sat Nav, the voice activation and the pre wired telephone kit.

If so, have any of you had any of these options fitted? Where you pleased with the outcome? Can you recommend any one to fit? Any ideas on cost?

And finally, would you bother with all the hassle and additional expense or would you wait to find your ideal car?

Your views, as usual would be appreciated.

Alfie or Richard could fit the phone/ linguaretronic,, and maybe a TV as well

Had you bought a car with TV that would be obsolete as soon as they turn off the service where you live.

The hard part about any TV is the arial and amps, and an 03 car would need an interface for the digi tuner,, is it worth having,, you cant watch it from the front when in motion

Alfie or Richard could fit the phone/ linguaretronic,, and maybe a TV as well

Had you bought a car with TV that would be obsolete as soon as they turn off the service where you live.

The hard part about any TV is the arial and amps, and an 03 car would need an interface for the digi tuner,, is it worth having,, you cant watch it from the front when in motion

probably best to get an video-aux in for comand and add your own Tv tuner to it..... digital etc.

I've had COMAND, Linguatronic and telephone pre-wire retrofitted by the gents at http://www.comand.co.uk/.

Very pleased with the results, these guys work to very high standards, first class service :rock:

Alfie will be the best to answer, but the TV is expensive to add... the tuner and wiring alone is pushing £1K IIRC..

Linguatronic is not cheap either but phone kit is easy..

As I have it out and loaded, this is the extras list for the CL500

The other extras on the 500 are
Garage door opener
Isofix child points
Multi contour back rest
rear head restraints
Sunblind
Bose
Nappa
Wood gear shift
wood wheel
18" 5 spokes