A Class 150 SE when stuck in the traffic the temperature increases from 80 to 100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdonkey

Hi guys

I did a quick search on the forum, unfortunately I could not find the answer to my questions.

My sister recently bought an A Class 150 SE car and she noticed that when stuck in the traffic the temperature increases from 80 to 100 once the car picks up the speed then temperature drops to 80.

We took it to the main dealer (Mercedes Benz Park Royal after Sales) they said dirt in the fan clip and they replaced the clip under warranty. The replacement of the clip didn’t make any difference, so we took it back again they had the car for all day and said nothing wrong with it, And there advice is “The temperature will go up and down its normal for the A class”. Is it really a norm?

I owned several cars in the past and I never noticed the temperature raises to high when I am stuck in the traffic.

We called the RAC engineer and he checked and reported this back to us:
Coolant Level = OK
Thermostat operation = OK
Coolant Fan operation = OK
Checked cooling system operation and Temperature sensor operation.
Refer to Dealer for further investigation.

Does anybody own an A150 and noticed this behaviour?

I need to get this sorted ASAP because the manufacture warranty expires on December 2008

About the car:
Model: A Class 150 SE Classic
Year: 2005
Four doors
Manual

Please help

PS: I didn’t realise you get poor customer services from the Mercedes main dealer.

My only experience to add; my Mondeo, the temperature never budges whatever the weather, traffic flow, air con load etc. Needle always sits bang in the middle of normal-range (perhaps it's broken :D)

The W203 I had, the temp would often creep up towards 100 in traffic during summer, but was never a concern

I assume being 2005 it's a W169?

If so, this is normal. My A180 CDI varies slightly.

Taken from the user manual:
The coolant temperature gauge is in the instrument cluster on the left-hand side. Under normal operating conditions and with the specified concentration of antifreeze/corrosion inhibitor, the coolant temperature may rise to 120
CorpoSWGL_2020.png
The coolant temperature may rise to the top end of the scale at high outside temperatures and on long uphill stretches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom