A Class 170, Audio 20, Aux install/CDC not responding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DomDomBear

Car
A Class 170 (2006)
Hello all,
I apologise if this has been asked a lot before, I did check but I could only find it for other cars.

Yesterday I bought a A Class 170 (2006), it has only one owner and she has never used anything other than the steering wheel it would seem.

She has never used the CD player or the CDC. Unfortunately I cannot get the CDC to work. It is in the glove box and takes 4 discs. When discs are in and you click the CDC button it displays 'No CDC'. Can anyone suggest anything?

Moving on to my main point, I would like to put in a AUX cable, I have been looking around online and in the manual and I believe that I just need a part A2104405005. However when I look for how to install it, it all seems to be on left hand drive cars or completely different models. So I was wondering if anyone has done this on any right ones and if I am at all even on the right track.

Sorry I am not very tech minded with cars entertainment systems, if anyone needs any additional information I will be happy yo give it.
That being said, if it is easier for myself to get this fitted with some local professionals any recommendations were I could get it done in the Norwich/Norfolk area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading :)

Update:
We've all been quite stupid, and now know the CD changer is actually a CD storage case......which is strange because it takes up more room than 4 CDs in their normal cases. Very odd.

Update:
We've all been quite stupid, and now know the CD changer is actually a CD storage case......which is strange because it takes up more room than 4 CDs in their normal cases. Very odd.
Are you sure its just a CD holder ? Does it have a sliding door and is twice as wide as a CD disk ?

Photo ?

Hi pete,
It doesn't have sliding door, just some buttons that pop the tray out. it is about the size of a CD case in width and a bit longer.

Cheers

Hi, and welcome!

Yes, you're correct - the 4 CD unit is just a storage case, 6xCDC fitted to W169 / W245 would have six red/green LEDs to indicate whether the slot is free/taken, and it will come up live, when you open the glove box, even if the ignition is off.

Moving on to the AUX input - it is quite possible, that the Audio 20 fitted, doesn't support AUX at all - it was often the case for no-CDC specs.

You can still try, without it costing you too much - get a generic Merc AUX cable from eBay for under two quid, and see if it works. I have one in my car (A200 C169 2006) and it's perfectly fine. Both direct 3.5mm jack and bluetooth work as they should.

I can pull the full spec (datacard) for your car, so you know exactly what's there - email me.

Are you sure its just a CD holder ? Does it have a sliding door and is twice as wide as a CD disk ?

Pete, you're thinking of the older type CDC, the one in W169 / W245 looks like this:

39-89-large.jpg

and is fitted in the glove box.

The 4xCD storage is this one, fitted in the same place as 6xCDC:

156557d1199708790-mp3s-audio-20-radio-p7190005.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All,
Thanks a lot for all the helpful replies.

I sadly don't have the handy AUX port above the vent so it would seem I would need to get the lead that Richard suggested. So would that definitely plug into the unit (or elsewhere)? I'm not extremely competent in installs like this, would it be something a local garage would be able to fix?

Moving on to this CD holder. Why? It seems larger than what 4 CDs would take up in there normal case and it isn't in convenient place to change while driving. Seems strange to me.

Cheers

I have a step-by-step guide for the removal of the head unit, can email to you (old posts with photobucket-hosted pics are pretty much useless now, so didn't even look).

It is as simple as just plugging the lead in. As Richard said, you'll have to drill a hole for the AUX port, it is marked from behind (a little dimple) so you won't miss it.

When I installed mine, the budget wouldn't stretch to a genuine OE lead, so I used an aftermarket one, it is terminated with a jack, rather than a socket, so I routed it into the power socket tray. If I do it today, I'd go for a Mercedes OE lead ...

Thanks GLK that would be great. Does it show where the cable will plug into?

My email is my username with @hotmail.co .UK

Cheers

No worries :thumb:

Yes, I'll mark the socket where the cable goes.

Cheers,
David

Sent you an email with a bunch of files attached - let me know if something is not clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom