A Class and Internet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

belongabob

Car
2018 A200 AMG Line Executive
I’ve been trying to connect my A200 AMG Line to the internet via my iPhone mobile hotspot - without success.
I can’t see anywhere on the MBUX that would allow me to connect to the phone. The phone is connected via Bluetooth and music and calls all work fine.
Stumped! Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks.

Does it have apple/android car play?
When my CLA plugged in via car play it recognises being on my wifi when on the drive, imagine this might be able to connect it to any internet services required?
Not had to do that myself for anything however, so it may just be telling me that my phones currently on wifi for Internet calls etc.

Does it have apple/android car play?
When my CLA plugged in via car play it recognises being on my wifi when on the drive, imagine this might be able to connect it to any internet services required?
Not had to do that myself for anything however, so it may just be telling me that my phones currently on wifi for Internet calls etc.
No CarPlay or Android Auto, although it’s capable it’s not enabled. MBUX is better - in my opinion - but I need to get the internet thing sorted. With my previous C200 Sport I only had to enable the hotspot on the iPhone and the car connected immediately, although it was VERY slow! Next step for me is RTFM!

No CarPlay or Android Auto, although it’s capable it’s not enabled. MBUX is better - in my opinion - but I need to get the internet thing sorted. With my previous C200 Sport I only had to enable the hotspot on the iPhone and the car connected immediately, although it was VERY slow! Next step for me is RTFM!

Banned for threatening to RTFM! Oops! Wrong thread:rolleyes:

I’ve been trying to connect my A200 AMG Line to the internet via my iPhone mobile hotspot - without success.
I can’t see anywhere on the MBUX that would allow me to connect to the phone.
You cannot use your phone to provide internet access to a UK car's MBUX system on the W177 A-Class. The system includes an access module that's tied to Vodafone and you have to purchase a separate data package from them.

You cannot use your phone to provide internet access to a UK car's MBUX system on the W177 A-Class. The system includes an access module that's tied to Vodafone and you have to purchase a separate data package from them.
Bugger!

Quite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom