A class, B class or possible Alternatives

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mudster

MB Enthusiast
Car
2008 A150 SE Classic, 2007 Saab 9-3 Sportwagon
Due to the current Mrs Mudsters Mulitple Sclerosis, we're looking for a something a bit easier for here to get in and out of. She can still walk under her own steam with a stick or two but needs help getting up and down for seating.

Luckily she has full motability so we have a real good choice on vehicles for not much money.

The current favourite is the A class, it needs to be small enough for her to drive, automatic and the most important factor of all, bum height seating so she can slide in and out easily. We drove an A150 Classic SE Auto last weekend and I have to say it was quite a pleasant surprise...just a bit bouncy as I'm used to larger cars.

I'm happy to put a little cash into the deal to get something a little nicer for her.

I'm also considering something for me along the same lines, the current daily driver (the SAAB) whilst very comfy is just too low.

I tried a B class last weekend (when we were having the park assist demonstrated to us - very strange that...but useful of Mrs M). My overall feeling was it was a large A class and a little plasticky inside, but still nice.

What alternatives are there to these cars that have this seat height, sort of midway between regular saloons and 4x4.....?

Looks like the A class is a goer for her...but what about something a bit bigger for family + wheelchair that is going to be a comfortable daily driver for me....Auto a must, don't care about fuel costs....

My in-laws like thier Renault Scenic so much they have just ordered another!
Easy entry and exit, not perhaps as classy as a Merc but he comes from BMW's....;)

I want something a bit bigger than a Jazz for me...the A class will be Mrs M's we then want a family car which will be my daily driver.

Not a Range Rover or Q7 size though...something sort of mid size would be fine. Open to ideas.

Nissan Note (I've got a Jap import Cube which is fab) Renault Modus mini MPV kind of car?

Zafira GTi for fun?!

Kate

What alternatives are there to these cars that have this seat height, sort of midway between regular saloons and 4x4.....?

Although quite a bit larger, I can wholeheartedly recommend the R Class. The seat height is just right and entry and exit are easy. On the 5 seater, the boot is plenty big enough for a wheelchair and will still have room for shopping, suitcases etc..

As second-hand vehicles, when someone else has suffered the depreciation, they are a lot of car for the money.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom