A-Class - CD MultiChanger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBA

Car
A170CDI LWB Avantgarde Auto
Having just purchased my first Mercedes (and really pleased so far), I've read previous threads on fitting an APS30 to my A-Class, and I'd like to know about the fixing options for a MC3010 CD multi-changer to go with it.

Q1. Where does the changer unit go? e.g under the passenger seat or in the luggage compartment?

Q2. What wiring would I need?

MBA said:
Having just purchased my first Mercedes (and really pleased so far), I've read previous threads on fitting an APS30 to my A-Class, and I'd like to know about the fixing options for a MC3010 CD multi-changer to go with it.

Q1. Where does the changer unit go? e.g under the passenger seat or in the luggage compartment?

Q2. What wiring would I need?

In the W169
-------------
It goes in the bottom half of the glovebox with a new divider shelf. You need some fibre optic (ideally an SLK R171 optical CD harness) and a CD changer wiring harness.

The APS50 is valid for newer A

In the W168
--------------
The CD changer goes in the trunk and needs a long cable that goes to the radio location with a matching fibre optic.

Hi Miro,

Many thanks for the reply. The car is a W168 LWB version, so I'll be looking for a long fibre cable.

Do you know whereabouts the changer fits in the luggage compartment?
Do I need to plan for a 12v supply too?
Any ideas on an installation kit?

MBA

MBA said:
Hi Miro,

Many thanks for the reply. The car is a W168 LWB version, so I'll be looking for a long fibre cable.

Do you know whereabouts the changer fits in the luggage compartment?
Do I need to plan for a 12v supply too?
Any ideas on an installation kit?

MBA

The changer fits in the left storage bay according to my diagrams. The power lines come from the head unit.

You may want someone to have a quick look and check to see if the cabling isnt already there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom