A class diesel auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart O

Car
C 250cdi est.
Gents,

Any thoughts on the a 180 diesel cvt auto , as in the drive ability and general usability of the car, any issues with the auto transmission at all ??

Thanks

Stuart

I have no direct experience , but AIUI the A class autos are ticking time bombs .

Scrap yards are full of A classes with no accident damage , mostly with the fronts cut away and engine/gearbox removed .

I have no direct experience , but AIUI the A class autos are ticking time bombs .

Scrap yards are full of A classes with no accident damage , mostly with the fronts cut away and engine/gearbox removed .

He's looking at a 2008, the 2nd gen. Don't think these have the same issues as the 1 gen...?

Current Mercedes owner mag (at Smiths) has an article on them...might be worth a read ..

W169's are ok ,it's the w168 autos that are time bombs

I driven a few of these whilst on loan as courtesy vehicles. Compared to our petrol one they are not much better on fuel consumption and quite noisy around idle speed.

However they do have more punch when accelerating!

Wife has run a W169 for over a year now - A180 CDi. Touch wood no problems at all - just had to change one light bulb. Not that fuel efficient around town and she feels it could probably do with a little more punch (she had a Golf before), but she loves it. When I've driven it I find the higher driving position a bit odd, but its a good runabout.

W.H . Smiths on high street near you !

Children can visit a shopping centre crèche for free whilst their mommy shops until she drops.

W H SmithS is the equivalent for adult males.

A class cvt w169

Current Mercedes owner mag (at Smiths) has an article on them...might be worth a read ..

I did look at the online issue as I'm a subscriber, couldn't see anything on the a class :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom