A-Class Hazard Warning lights won't turn off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A J Cox

Car
A-Class
Hi members,

I'm hoping this is a quick fix.

The battery on my A-Class was flat this morning and when I started the car using battery leads the hazard warning lights came on and stayed on.

If I disconnect the battery then reconnect it they do go off. But come back on one again as soon as I turn on the ignition.

Is this because my battery is very low?

I'm going to put it on charge overnight but would love some advice.

Best wishes, Alastair

It could be something to do with the alarm system, once you charge the battery, reconnect, then shut the doors and cycle the locks with your key fob. That may get them to go off.

If they come on again and/or the alarm siren, it may be the battery in the alarm system is very low/old. I think there are some threads on alarm issues.

It could be something to do with the alarm system, once you charge the battery, reconnect, then shut the doors and cycle the locks with your key fob. That may get them to go off.

If they come on again and/or the alarm siren, it may be the battery in the alarm system is very low/old. I think there are some threads on alarm issues.
Brilliant thanks your comment saved me a lot 😊

Its a battery inside the wheel well, you can charge it up as per above, however it sounds like its on its way out and will start happening again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom