A-Class offer, courtesy of Volvo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOCAŠ

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLK
If you're planning to buy a new A-Class on finance and tell Volvo you prefer it to their V40, they'll cover your first repayment (up to £299).

V40 Challenge

It does seem a credible alternative- inevitable as Mercedes become even more mainstream (and only have the badge as a USP). There are many good-looking and competent contenders around, so the superior owner experience implied by the badge had better be delivered.

Unfortunately as much as I love my Volvo's and hate to say it the V40 aint that good a car handling is sloppy ride is bouncy and rear visibility poor thats why I ended up getting SWMBO a C30

As yet I can't compare it against the new A class but I am picking up a A200 in Frankfurt on 24th June so after giving this a good blast down the autobahn and round and about Heidelberg and Mannheim I'll report back with a comparison of the two but I suspect if the MB is only average it will still be better than the Volvo V40

A class complete fail

Unfortunately as much as I love my Volvo's and hate to say it the V40 aint that good a car handling is sloppy ride is bouncy and rear visibility poor thats why I ended up getting SWMBO a C30

As yet I can't compare it against the new A class but I am picking up a A200 in Frankfurt on 24th June so after giving this a good blast down the autobahn and round and about Heidelberg and Mannheim I'll report back with a comparison of the two but I suspect if the MB is only average it will still be better than the Volvo V40

Well picked the car up Sunday night turned the key and dead as a dodo with 1686 Km on the clock, they couldn't start it and no more MB in stock in the rental fleet so ended up with a VW Scirrocco autobahn stormer nice car but shocking visibility, hard ride but fantastic handling sat at 140 mph on the run down to Heidelberg and there was plenty left not as nice as SWMBO C30 though and not as nice as V40 so will have to wait until 8th July to get my hands on the new A class so will report back then :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom