A Class w176 Transmission Fluid/Oil change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mdmd

Car
Mercedes A Class A180 CDI
Hi,
Bought the transmission kit and fluid/oil for my A Class A180 CDI 2013 Auto.

A local mechanic was going to change it and now is saying he is unable to do so as his computer does not have the function to open some valves or something to bleed after changing?
Is this correct and if so, is there any cheapies device out there that will do this or is there a workaround?

thanks

I don't think this is correct, but in any case, I wouldn't let said mechanic near my A-Class. His knowledge about the A-Class is below par and he needs a special dipstick to check the correct transmission level at the correct temperature.

This video gives some clues- its complicated by being in Italian with subtitles and involves an automated gearbox fluid flush using a dedicated machine and proprietary additives rather than a straight drain/ replace- does however let you see the 2 filters involved and at the end shows a necessary software valve block reset. 14-50mins in From this I would assume your mechanic is telling the truth that his diagnostic machine simply does not possess the adequate software / module to perform this check /reset step?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes, it does seems to be what is in the video! Only issue, they didn’t provide the subtitles. Thanks for your help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom