A Class won't start - Starter Motor / Fuse / Electrics? Help please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossyl

Car
CLK 230K W208 Coupe (1999)(Auto)
Hi Guys,

Hoping for a bit of help.

I've not been around very much, having moved on from my CLK, however I still have the A210 and unfortunately it won't start!

I used it a fair amount a couple of weeks ago. It was running fine. After not using it for 2 weeks I went to start it today and it will not turn over. The car locks and unlocks. The pump whirrs. The alarm light goes off. I turn the key but nothing happens at all.

The RAC came out. A 30amp fuse had blown (i think it was Fuse 4, but I've got a manual and I think Fuse 4 is an automatic clutch). That was changed but it didn't do anything. The RAC couldn't get to the relays. The RAC checked the battery which was fine.

Any ideas? I'm hoping that it's not the starter motor as that would be a fortune!

Thanks
R

Can you get a live jump lead direct onto the starter post (out of gear naturally)?
See if it turns over...

I don't think you can actually get to the starter motor. Need to try and find where the relays are for the start motor

Just to finish this off...booked someone to get the car towed. Guess flipping what. It started! Obviously, it does not want to be seen on a trailer.

It still went to a local indy, they did STAR diags and looked over the car but could not get it to replicate. It's now been 6 weeks and its still going fine.

It is very likely to be the starter motor that is faulty. We have done many many of them in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom