a couple of my mates cars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah, the memories everytime I see a Sud! :D Great cars. Nice Lancia too, always wanted one in yellow.

The Alfasud looks like a facelifted (1980-1984) ti?

Is the red Integrale an 8v, 16v, Evo? I note the plate says EVO.

The Alfasud looks like a facelifted (1980-1984) ti?

Is the red Integrale an 8v, 16v, Evo? I note the plate says EVO.

The Integrale is an Evo. Not sure on the Sud.

The Evo is stunning. It lives in a carcoon and (sadly) only gets out when the sun shines. My friend drove it around the circuit on top of the Fiat factory as shown in The italian job.

I think the Sud is a 1.5 Ti Green Cloverleaf.

The Sud is is 1.5 Green Cloverleaf, I had one of those in the late 80's, great handling, throaty responsive motor, made out of tinfoil..!

I had one of those in the late 80's, great handling, throaty responsive motor, made out of tinfoil..!

I've had two a 1.2 (1186) & 1.3 (1286), as sweet as, really a peach of an engine, many a time I missed a gear too! Tinfoil, is right and the only reason I sold both.

Aha Alfasud......built in a specially constructed new factory in the south of Italy, so many problems with it and the workers who shall we say were, er......country folk!

Biggest problem Alfa had was the workers all going home at various times on usually Wednesday or Thursday and not coming back until the next Monday, reason given was "well we have earned enough money this week, we need no more so we go home to farm", seriously it was a big joke within the industry and the car suffered from it.

Brilliant little car though.

Aha Alfasud......built in a specially constructed new factory in the south of Italy, so many problems with it and the workers who shall we say were, er......country folk!

Biggest problem Alfa had was the workers all going home at various times on usually Wednesday or Thursday and not coming back until the next Monday, reason given was "well we have earned enough money this week, we need no more so we go home to farm", seriously it was a big joke within the industry and the car suffered from it.

Brilliant little car though.

Along with using cheap Russian steel, compounded by the fact the bare shells were never protected and left outside unpainted. Well, that's what's been reported and judging by extent of rust that developed I wouldn't doubt it.

But you are right, brilliant cars and a better drive than the more powerful Golf GTi.

The Sud is is 1.5 Green Cloverleaf, I had one of those in the late 80's, great handling, throaty responsive motor, made out of tinfoil..![/QUOTE

It is in fact a 1.3 Ti. Last on the road in 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom