A Couple of Niggles Already

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaneyB

Car
C43 AMG Premium Plus
Hi all,
Still loving the C43 but I have a couple of errors showing up on start up.

1: Front Right Side Seat Headrest Not Locked (weird as I've not touched it). This notification is in red.

2: I get a picture (in yellow) indicating a seatbelt isn't fastened - this is when nobody is in the back?

Any thoughts??

Cheers

Shane,

I think No.2 is a standard. Either ignore it and it'll disappear. Or press OK on steering wheel.

Can't help out on head rest lock.

Ant.

Shane,

I think No.2 is a standard. Either ignore it and it'll disappear. Or press OK on steering wheel.

Can't help out on head rest lock.

Ant.

Cheers Ant,
They both go with the OK button. Forgot to mention the lumbar section of the electric seat has stopped working too. The rest is fine.

I'd say live with the niggles for a month or so. They may be others looming.

Then book it in at local dealer for them to sort the list out.

I'd say live with the niggles for a month or so. They may be others looming.

Then book it in at local dealer for them to sort the list out.

Yep agreed, putting a snag list together.

Mine does the seat warning thing too, it's annoying as hell but something I live with

Someone will come along and say 'well pressing OK isn't really a hardship is it?' Well it bugs me, lol

Agreed but it is annoying.

I've just put a strip of gaffer tape over the dash ;)

Shane

Would be interested to know if you are getting a lot of front tyre scrubbing when making slow tight turns, more so when your tyres are cold.

I know this is a trait of 4wd but seems really excessive on my saloon.

Thanks

Mark

Had you put a bag on the seat? Maybe it senses occupied, but seat belt not fastened?

If you need a good independant Wayne Gates in Harrow, just along from the Crown Court, far end of the industrial estate. Top guys.

Can you tell me what the difference is between the Garmin satnav package with the Premium Plus option and the Garmin Pilot option?

Shane

Would be interested to know if you are getting a lot of front tyre scrubbing when making slow tight turns, more so when your tyres are cold.

I know this is a trait of 4wd but seems really excessive on my saloon.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark, yes I am, but I had that on all of my 4wd cars.

Nothing at all been on the back seat since I've had it.

I'll have a mess around with it tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Thanks for the feedback all.

Cheers

I get a back seat warning too, but must say I just OK it.......I think all my Mercs 2x CLS and a SLK55 have all scrubbed their tyres a bit on full lock at parking speeds seems to be the steering geo, and my Audi S5 did too though I'm sure that was down to the 4wd.

RR

The rear seat seatbelt thing is because while the front seats both have seatbelt buckle sensors and pressure pads in the seat base, the rear seats don't have pressure pads.

So the front seats know if someone is sat there, and if they've not belted up, you get the bong. If you've ever sat a crate of beer on the passenger seat, it tells you to belt it up!

The rear seats don't know if anyone is sat there, only that the buckle isn't done up, so it's telling you for your information, as you'll know if someone is sat there.

The rear bench is just a foam block, there's no wires going to it. If it bothers you, plug the rear seatbelts in. :)

The rear seat seatbelt thing is because while the front seats both have seatbelt buckle sensors and pressure pads in the seat base, the rear seats don't have pressure pads.

So the front seats know if someone is sat there, and if they've not belted up, you get the bong. If you've ever sat a crate of beer on the passenger seat, it tells you to belt it up!

The rear seats don't know if anyone is sat there, only that the buckle isn't done up, so it's telling you for your information, as you'll know if someone is sat there.

The rear bench is just a foam block, there's no wires going to it. If it bothers you, plug the rear seatbelts in. :)

Wondered why the seat belts were all plugged in in the rear seats when I picked the car up........

RR

Wondered why the seat belts were all plugged in in the rear seats when I picked the car up........

RR

I thought seatbelts were fastened after MOT's as a safety precaution? Theory being if you have anything heavy in the boot and either emergency crash and stop dead it will prevent whatever's in the boot hurtling forward at 30/40/50/70 mph.

Incidentally the headrest warning has gone off :D

Rear seatbelts are probably fastened during production and should be checked during PDI. They are most likely left like this on a new car

Plugging them in won't stop a message, it'll just instead tell you there's 3 seatbelts plugged in, but that message dismisses itself quicker.

MOT testers leave them plugged in as after they've checked the buckle accepts the belt, they withdraw the entire length of belt to make sure none of it is damaged. They don't unplug them again as testing the belts can be released isn't part of the test and so they don't bother reaching in again to do it.

Headrest one has gone and I'm used to the seatbelt sign now.

500 miles in and absolutely loving it. 4Matic has been great in the rain. Snow to come so that will be the true test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom