A day at euro charged uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricky s

MB Enthusiast
Car
cars
Having had a flat spot in my mapping from previous maps from jerry, which I have not hastidely pursued, I bit the bullet, time wise and spent the day with Paul and Andy at euro charged uk in Watford yesterday. The guys spent a lot of their time loading various files and tweaking them, car was on the rollers most of the afternoon, with numerous cooling periods, have they fixed it, oh yes:D my car is a totally different car, am very happy with it all. Goodwood next Saturday with a few other guys here, will be a good test bench, and looking forward in great anticipation to the day, and hopefully report back my findings. My thanks to Andy and Paul, had a bit of banter and fun during the day, made it all the more enjoyable, was water and fed, and appreciated their focus on my car on the day. Great day, totally worth me having the day off.:thumb: thanks ec uk.
On another note, whilst there Paul drew my attention to a grey fiat albarth! only turns out to be ,spike, the ultra mental 330+bhp tiny monster that is owned by lager lout here! and attended our amg track days we had at goodwood giving the c63's a run for their money, some of you guys will remember that car. Awaiting to be fine tuned having been totally a rebuilt engine, lol! How fast! Small world to stumble across spike again.
Thanks to Paul and Andy again

hey Ricky, pleased you have finally got it sorted!, like you i need to give mine a bit of TLC tune wise. Concentrating on getting various bushes replaced at the moment

cant wait to go for a ride in it.

speak soon mate, good Job Paul and Andy, catch up with you guys soon too!

ricky s said:
Having had a flat spot in my mapping from previous maps from jerry, which I have not hastidely pursued, I bit the bullet, time wise and spent the day with Paul and Andy at euro charged uk in Watford yesterday. The guys spent a lot of their time loading various files and tweaking them, car was on the rollers most of the afternoon, with numerous cooling periods, have they fixed it, oh yes:D my car is a totally different car, am very happy with it all. Goodwood next Saturday with a few other guys here, will be a good test bench, and looking forward in great anticipation to the day, and hopefully report back my findings. My thanks to Andy and Paul, had a bit of banter and fun during the day, made it all the more enjoyable, was water and fed, and appreciated their focus on my car on the day. Great day, totally worth me having the day off.:thumb: thanks ec uk. On another note, whilst there Paul drew my attention to a grey fiat albarth! only turns out to be ,spike, the ultra mental 330+bhp tiny monster that is owned by lager lout here! and attended our amg track days we had at goodwood giving the c63's a run for their money, some of you guys will remember that car. Awaiting to be fine tuned having been totally a rebuilt engine, lol! How fast! Small world to stumble across spike again. Thanks to Paul and Andy again

Great news roll on next weekend. I remember the albarth and I was one of those c63!!

Great news roll on next weekend. I remember the albarth and I was one of those c63!!
That albarth is a fantastic car justin, tiny thing and Neil his owner is about 6.6 foot tall, but bloody thing is a rocket, it's been total rebuilt engine, but to date there,s trouble getting it to run true, but when it does, I am coming to spectate, such a fun car.
Yes, as you looking forward to gw, more so now to see how my power has shifted, good opportunity to really open the car up, as said, good or bad, I will report back my findings. On the Dino graph for what it is worth, my car looks strong. But perhaps not on par with your own 63tt, but will be fun chasing you:thumb:

i remember that Abarth, i didnt see those brake lights come on once! it was an animal then let alone what its going to be like when tuned up on the new engine!

have fun at GW guys, sadly i cannot make this one!

i remember that Abarth, i didnt see those brake lights come on once! it was an animal then let alone what its going to be like when tuned up on the new engine!

have fun at GW guys, sadly i cannot make this one!
Alps mate, will miss you at gw,you have Been there a few times now, but another day perhaps
Yes Neil,s albarth, was such fun to see, and I, as much as you, more so appreciate seeing it, given the amount of money that was and is being poured into it just in the crusade of fun, I hope Neil gets it sorted sometime soon, and we all get to see it out on the track again, amazing car.;)

Would love to see your car at the gtg. It one of my fave E55k's.

Thanks for the feedback, let us know how you get on at Goodwood. For those that are interested we have worked extensively on getting a file that suits the UK style of roads / conditions / driving style for the 55K. Some of the members on hear have been quietly testing for us over the last couple of months and given some excellent feedback and suggestions for improvements that have been included. The process is still quite time consuming to fine tune which we hope to improve as we roll out to more vehicles. Anyone interested can contact us at [email protected]. We will also take a similar approach with the 63 N/A over the next couple of months.

Having left you and Andy Thursday, I got jammed up on the m25, then a slow route down the m23. So had only our test runs to play with and a few other minor opportunities to play with en route home. But from this I know my car if very different, so much more responsive, and the afternoons mapping showing various improvements as you both tweaked the files, and given my goodwood experiences, next Saturday will be a good bench mark, I know my car there, and will get back to you on this, think I will know first or second session, my marker is the exit out of the chicane onto the pit lane straight, so will let you know Paul.
On a more personal note, a Bit shocked to hear your of your personal issues this morning, sorry had not realised, I truly wish you all the best with it mate, quite appreciate the stress your under, hopefully all will be well.;)

Quick update on my recently EC tuned 55K, In between the Cheltenham races today, got to take the car out for a bit of a sunny day run out, 1st outing since car was mapped at EC UK, OMG! car is so different, the low down flat spot is no longer there, and the shifting gear is on demand.:D I am very happy with all that's been done. Had my local MB once over the car today, (prep for Goodwood Saturday), the usual tech who works on my car, and knows its history and performance, came back from a test run, and asked what I had done to the car, his words 'awesome; and I had not even mentioned the recent work to the car.
Quite frankly, I always felt my car was at it's fastest with a West tuning package I had on it at one stage, and felt like it lost a bit of it's torque on having my 1st Jerry mapping, and possible the second Jerry map made it slightly worse to my eyes, but perhaps that was just me and my own feeling of the car at the time.
But now, not sure fully what,s changed in the current Euro charged mapping, but my car is flying machine, and am so looking forward to Goodwood on Saturday, where I will be able to unleash as much power as I dare, probably looking at AceJ's exhaust pipesLOL.
Thanks again to Andy and Savman @ Eurocharged UK:thumb:, only got one more mod en route, then no more, and just going to focus now on traction, the car is skipping out at the slightest touch of throttle, been thinking larger tyres, camber adjustment,?? anyone else got suggestions that may help me with idea's.;)

ricky s said:
Quick update on my recently EC tuned 55K, In between the Cheltenham races today, got to take the car out for a bit of a sunny day run out, 1st outing since car was mapped at EC UK, OMG! car is so different, the low down flat spot is no longer there, and the shifting gear is on demand.:D I am very happy with all that's been done. Had my local MB once over the car today, (prep for Goodwood Saturday), the usual tech who works on my car, and knows its history and performance, came back from a test run, and asked what I had done to the car, his words 'awesome; and I had not even mentioned the recent work to the car. Quite frankly, I always felt my car was at it's fastest with a West tuning package I had on it at one stage, and felt like it lost a bit of it's torque on having my 1st Jerry mapping, and possible the second Jerry map made it slightly worse to my eyes, but perhaps that was just me and my own feeling of the car at the time. But now, not sure fully what,s changed in the current Euro charged mapping, but my car is flying machine, and am so looking forward to Goodwood on Saturday, where I will be able to unleash as much power as I dare, probably looking at AceJ's exhaust pipesLOL. Thanks again to Andy and Savman @ Eurocharged UK:thumb:, only got one more mod en route, then no more, and just going to focus now on traction, the car is skipping out at the slightest touch of throttle, been thinking larger tyres, camber adjustment,?? anyone else got suggestions that may help me with idea's.;)

Glad she's working well Ricky, and I am sure it will be me following you on Saturday, you could hustle your beast around that track before and it sounds like the cars gone up another notch.

Roll on Saturday looking forward to catching up with you mate.

Justin

ricky s said:
Quick update on my recently EC tuned 55K, In between the Cheltenham races today, got to take the car out for a bit of a sunny day run out, 1st outing since car was mapped at EC UK, OMG! car is so different, the low down flat spot is no longer there, and the shifting gear is on demand.:D I am very happy with all that's been done. Had my local MB once over the car today, (prep for Goodwood Saturday), the usual tech who works on my car, and knows its history and performance, came back from a test run, and asked what I had done to the car, his words 'awesome; and I had not even mentioned the recent work to the car. Quite frankly, I always felt my car was at it's fastest with a West tuning package I had on it at one stage, and felt like it lost a bit of it's torque on having my 1st Jerry mapping, and possible the second Jerry map made it slightly worse to my eyes, but perhaps that was just me and my own feeling of the car at the time. But now, not sure fully what,s changed in the current Euro charged mapping, but my car is flying machine, and am so looking forward to Goodwood on Saturday, where I will be able to unleash as much power as I dare, probably looking at AceJ's exhaust pipesLOL. Thanks again to Andy and Savman @ Eurocharged UK:thumb:, only got one more mod en route, then no more, and just going to focus now on traction, the car is skipping out at the slightest touch of throttle, been thinking larger tyres, camber adjustment,?? anyone else got suggestions that may help me with idea's.;)

Get some road legal slicks. They are amazing!!!!

Can you let me have the phone number for them as I'd like to have a chat with them.

Thanks Ricky S for the phone number
Just spoken with Paul
He's very knowledgable and I liked his answers and advice given
I asked lots of question and now definately considering getting him to remap my ECU

Martyn

any pictures of this pocket rocket Arbath?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4alWu3mN_4Y Video curiosity of Marty 359
, who has recorded numerous videos of events held by members of this forum, and very good they are as well.
Hopefully the above link works, brief glimpse of spike at 4.36, at one of our Goodwood days, along with C240sports comments at that moment, great car, joy to see playing with some ultra powerful motors. The previous post shows the car as it is, 'awesome', currently it is in Watford for final tuning, sure Savman or Paul (Eurocharged UK) can supply current pictures, as its right next door!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom