A decent exhaust shop advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys!
I'm thinking to upgrade the manifolds on my clk55 w208 I already checked out the kleemann and personally I think they are overpricing a little bit.
Just wondering if there are some decent exhaust shops here in uk with good experience and reasonable prices who can fabricate the manifolds similar to kleemann but not as expensive as kleemann?
Thanks in advance and best regards

astamir said:
Hi guys! I'm thinking to upgrade the manifolds on my clk55 w208 I already checked out the kleemann and personally I think they are overpricing a little bit. Just wondering if there are some decent exhaust shops here in uk with good experience and reasonable prices who can fabricate the manifolds similar to kleemann but not as expensive as kleemann? Thanks in advance and best regards

Fabricating one off manifolds is seriously expensive. I've been there....

Buy cheap manifolds that are not tried and tested are a massive ball ache. Leaks, cracking etc

BlackC55 said:
Fabricating one off manifolds is seriously expensive. I've been there.... Buy cheap manifolds that are not tried and tested are a massive ball ache. Leaks, cracking etc
So how much shall I expect for the custom made manifolds ?
I mean would it be cheaper than the kleemann as I personally think the big companies charging an extra just for their brand names on it

There are other makes than Kleeman.

Have a search around the forum for IPE Headers to see some of the performance gains they can offer.

Kleemann? Expensive? 6k for a supercharger unit sounds like a bargain to me :p

Fivehunnit said:
Kleemann? Expensive? 6k for a supercharger unit sounds like a bargain to me :p
I won't decline your help if you have spare 6k;)

I've been after one for my 500 for a while but just can't see myself dropping that much on one.

Hi Guys

Just joined this site. If you are looking for a good custom exhaust or even some sound advice I can recommend CKS Performance in Vales Industrial Estate, Watford. Speak to Chet he did a fantastic custom job on my Vito Sports X and not too pricey either.

Remember that places which can make up an exhaust, are different to an exhaust designed by an exhaust engineer!

The flow in a 'so-so' designed item, may not actually deliver any more power than the standard item! (It may well deliver noise, droning, and vibration though)

Eurocharged and Profusion (Heathrow) both seem to get some good reports, but not used either myself. I did visit Profusion and the chap there seemed very knowledgeable and friendly, I found the people at CKS a bit pushy.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Just joined this site. If you are looking for a good custom exhaust or even some sound advice I can recommend CKS Performance in Vales Industrial Estate, Watford. Speak to Chet he did a fantastic custom job on my Vito Sports X and not too pricey either.

Sorry, but CKS would be the last place in the country I'd recommend.
I'm not the only one either.

amgeed said:
sorry, but cks would be the last place in the country i'd recommend. I'm not the only one either.

++++++ 1

AMGeed said:
Sorry, but CKS would be the last place in the country I'd recommend. I'm not the only one either.

+++++1 too!

Heard absolutely shocking reviews on CKS when I was going to go and have stuff done, and plenty more since, a very few good ones, but not enough for me to feel any need to roll the dice, I would much rather go to places that don't have such a reputation.

astamir said:
Waw that seems like a scary place at cks)))

Just looking at their website puts me off. Upping the price on everything they sell. I use their site to look at primarily first and then find similar elsewhere for half the price, that's all their good for :)

Sorry Folks, I seem to have hit a raw nerve. Personally I found them excellent, but as you say everyone's experience can be different. Just glad I found this site now I can ask for your input before I get any work done. Cheers Guys.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom