A Defector returns

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guy

Car
Maserati Quattroporte : Brabus A200CDi D3 : E300TDT
Hi, can I (re) introduce myself? I was a regular on the forum in the very, very early days, when there was a fraction of the number of members there are now. I had a few Mercs over the years, then I defected... Anyway, on Sunday I'll be back in a new Mercedes, so be warned, I'll probably be messing up my posts and pics as I try and get to grips with the new App.

Looking forward to the new car, (hope the pic is attached) renewing some old acquaintanceships and to making some new friends.

Cheers,

Guy

Attachments

• image-2449273702.jpg
    image-2449273702.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 45
Nice car welcome back!:)

Welcome back :thumb:

noy91 said:
Welcome back, and an excellent way back in. How did you find the Quattroporte day to day?

Hi, and thanks.

I wrote about how lovely the car was on a long journey back in Nov 2007 - the post was called '2500 Mile Ramble', it's still in the Defectors forum.
I don't know how to link to it, sorry.

Day to day, well -
If you're going to commute in it, it's only worth it if you get up at crack of dawn to beat the traffic; otherwise 13-14 mpg.
And parking?
Well, if you love your car, as most of us do, and you don't want it dented, scraped or bashed, you'll need your own very big space, and to avoid most public car parks.
It is massive, most spaces are too small to open the door and get out (unless you're built like a pencil) and it doesn't have the best turning circle.
Bluntly, it's a ridiculous car for town.
I can't imagine what made me buy one...and then another.

Welcome back...

Here is the link you mentioned, not read it all but looks fab, I really really like the Maserati...something very special for sure + they sound superb:thumb:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/mb-defectors-other-marques-forum/44038-2500-miles-ramble.html

Hi, and thanks.

I wrote about how lovely the car was on a long journey back in Nov 2007 - the post was called '2500 Mile Ramble', it's still in the Defectors forum.
I don't know how to link to it, sorry.

Day to day, well -
If you're going to commute in it, it's only worth it if you get up at crack of dawn to beat the traffic; otherwise 13-14 mpg.
And parking?
Well, if you love your car, as most of us do, and you don't want it dented, scraped or bashed, you'll need your own very big space, and to avoid most public car parks.
It is massive, most spaces are too small to open the door and get out (unless you're built like a pencil) and it doesn't have the best turning circle.
Bluntly, it's a ridiculous car for town.
I can't imagine what made me buy one...and then another.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom