A dreadful confession for a lady...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisa110rry

Car
1999 SLK Kompressor and a Honda CRV (the latter gone but not forgotten)
THis year, I was late getting the little green car out. Instead of 1st April, it was erm,1st June! (PPPPPP - I leave you to decipher that.) So, when I got her out, the key fob wouldn't work the door locks. No problem, I have spare batteries in a certain cupboard. Changed the batteries, no change, still won't work the door locks. But then,who would steal a Designo Electric Green seventeen-year-old SLK? Surely no one. Since 1st June, I have not locked my car...anywhere.

Last week, I looked at my owners' manual. Argh! Not CR2032, those are spare batteries for my Honda! The Merc takes CR2025! Batteries changed and I can suddenly lock my car, three months later.

(Hangs head in shame.)

An even bigger mistake is coming onto a forum and telling the world about it ;)

I take it the awful confession is that you read the manual! :D

THis year, I was late getting the little green car out. Instead of 1st April, it was erm,1st June! (PPPPPP - I leave you to decipher that.) So, when I got her out, the key fob wouldn't work the door locks. No problem, I have spare batteries in a certain cupboard. Changed the batteries, no change, still won't work the door locks. But then,who would steal a Designo Electric Green seventeen-year-old SLK? Surely no one. Since 1st June, I have not locked my car...anywhere.

Last week, I looked at my owners' manual. Argh! Not CR2032, those are spare batteries for my Honda! The Merc takes CR2025! Batteries changed and I can suddenly lock my car, three months later.

(Hangs head in shame.)

Designo colours are beautiful, and in many ways artistic, but this is the first time that I'd say a car colour named "Electric green" is actually ironic :p

Not at all Killer, and I should have read it more thoroughly! I always admit my mistakes, but also admit my failings which include not putting my glasses on sometimes, lol!

And so true sunny dude!

I bet you never been called 'killer' before Karl:D

I think we have all been guilty of not reading the manual,mind you I have a excuse the one for my S320 is like War and Peace,I like the fact you have this little electric green monster lurking in the garage to be let lose over the summer,I have only ever run the one car maybe it is time I had a high days and feast days car I wonder what one I could buy not too big maybe a ZX juries out,but I will come up with something by next summer is it mandatory to have a in your face colour.

We had problems with the alarm randomly going off on my wife's Audi A4 estate, so we routinely left that unlocked.

I've made the same mistake with those daft little batteries before so dont feel too bad.

I think we have all been guilty of not reading the manual,mind you I have a excuse the one for my S320 is like War and Peace,I like the fact you have this little electric green monster lurking in the garage to be let lose over the summer,I have only ever run the one car maybe it is time I had a high days and feast days car I wonder what one I could buy not too big maybe a ZX juries out,but I will come up with something by next summer is it mandatory to have a in your face colour.

Midlife crisis, zip! And I would never have bought it in black, red or white, and certainly not in silver - possible in "Yellowstone" colour though, or that lovely bright blue! The green colour called to me when I saw the little car sitting in front of a house with "for sale" on it. I hemmed and hawed and negotiated for a full week, and couldn't even test drive it before I bought it as I had a broken wrist at the time.

And thanks for the kind word Yugguy. In future I'll know the two cars' batteries are NOT interchangeable.

You did better than I did. My old Range Rover was getting harder and harder to lock. Must remember to get some new batteries I thought, and started locking it with the key rather than the fob. Middle of nowhere in a remote car park, by mistake I locked it with the fob. Could I get it to unlock? Could I buggery. As soon as I used the key, the horn started tooting and the lights flashing. I was worried I could be attracting doggers. Anyway, after a while (no one arrived :rolleyes:) I took the fob to bits, polished the batteries, breathed on them, put the fob against my head, jumped up and down and by some sheer fluke I generated a signal and unlocked the car. Bought batteries the next day!! (CR2016 by the way).

When I put her in the garage for winter, I leave the brake off, wheels chocked, the doors unlocked and slightly open and the car battery on my (birthday pressie!) C-tek float charger. That way I can always get in. I do this on both my cars, depending on which is "on hold".

I recently spent 10 mins trying to get into my SL using the my E class keys, zapping it from all different directions and then dismantling the key to use the emergency key which still didn't work.

I was just picking the phone up to phone for breakdown when I twigged my mistake :fail

I recently spent 10 mins trying to get into my SL using the my E class keys, zapping it from all different directions and then dismantling the key to use the emergency key which still didn't work.
I've got this image of your E class dutifully locking and unlocking behind you whilst you face the SL and can't understand why it's not working. :D

I've got this image of your E class dutifully locking and unlocking behind you whilst you face the SL and can't understand why it's not working. :D

:D

The cars were about 6 miles apart at the time, I just happened to have both sets of keys in my pocket, not sure why.

I was starting to curse the alleged unreliability of the SL and thinking £notes.

I have never done this with 2 Mercs outside. Honest..... :wallbash::fail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom