A familiar face - THAT C126 Gemballa AGAIN

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks a darn sight tidier than it did.

I think the rear lights are a mistake. Should be original in keeping with the rest of 80's extravaganza that it is, plus there should be some interior shots.

How long before Talbir's verdict ?

That does look like a good restoration though and has a very MEAN look to it, not to sure on the rear lights though I think the ones Jay and Nav have on their SEC's are better or if not those then the originals.

Agree with Mudster, i can never understand why people put those Japanese clusters on a period car....

Did i say it was worth 15k before ? He must have read my post !!!

Shame he got rid of the bumper stickers that defined the company who did Gemballa's paint jobs.

Worth every penny if the job has been done properly.....given my Gemballa cost almost 30k gbp, this one with only the bodywork intact can be worth half no problem.

The Gotti wheels alone are worth a fortune !

If he's got the history of the Sheikh ownership, that will help...because Sheikh's generally didn't do cars that weren't Styling Garage, Gemballa etc.

Lovely car !

talbir

Agree with Mudster, i can never understand why people put those Japanese clusters on a period car....

Did i say it was worth 15k before ? He must have read my post !!!

Shame he got rid of the bumper stickers that defined the company who did Gemballa's paint jobs.

Worth every penny if the job has been done properly.....given my Gemballa cost almost 30k gbp, this one with only the bodywork intact can be worth half no problem.

The Gotti wheels alone are worth a fortune !

If he's got the history of the Sheikh ownership, that will help...because Sheikh's generally didn't do cars that weren't Styling Garage, Gemballa etc.

Lovely car !

talbir

Worth 15k..........? But to whom ? At least yours looks good. This one just looks like some '80's shocker to me. I can't imagine anyone with any sense parting with 15 grand for something that ugly.

Worth 15k..........? But to whom ? At least yours looks good. This one just looks like some '80's shocker to me. I can't imagine anyone with any sense parting with 15 grand for something that ugly.

Some nutter like me will probably cough up the dough..:D ....although hard to see anyone parting with cash in this age of recession !

Glad you like mine though ! :)

cheers
talbir

Rubbish wheels, terrible rear light clusters.

I would have that for half price if it was proper fully working condition.
Would be a lovely car with some changes.

No i dont like it... and its on the market too soon to have been done properly... I would bet any money that the car leaks, has hidden rust and doesnt run right.

BUT... someone will buy it for at least 10K.. so im sure the bloke has made a few ££ as it looks like its been tarted up for sale not necessarily done to a collectors standard.

No i dont like it... and its on the market too soon to have been done properly... I would bet any money that the car leaks, has hidden rust and doesnt run right.

BUT... someone will buy it for at least 10K.. so im sure the bloke has made a few ££ as it looks like its been tarted up for sale not necessarily done to a collectors standard.

I doubt he would have gone to the trouble of refurbing those gotti's if it was a cheap tart up job Jay.

Exactly, he has done the cosmetics... the first thing any dealer will do is refurb wheels...

i reserve judgement until someone has seen it in person, but my suspicions are that the car will still need real work doing..

Is it someone on here? Seems the exhaust setup is exactly the same as mine, never seen it done before on another SEC..

Last edited:
Agree with Jay, hard to verify without looking at the car, but unless the person buying is someone who is aware of the nuances of w126 SECs. they probably haven't addressed the finer detail.....like rear bulkhead rust, sunroof seals, boot seal, rear light seals, idle speed, steering play, rollbar bushes, battery tray, delaminating windscreens etc etc

On the other hand, the car may have had everything addressed, just about feasible with a full time team on the car.

Shame he has removed the bumper stickers that said 'W. Maurer'.

W. Maurer was the paint outfit who did a lot of the paintjobs for Gemballa. Cars indeed had a white lettering on the back with "W. Maurer, designed by U. Gemballa" on the rear. The bodykit has also been suggested as a special order Zender kit for Gemballa, i.e. Zender kit and further enhanced by Gemballa. Attached is a picture of a Qatari car, identical to this blue one....same wheels, same nose job, same bodykit.

If verified, it's well worth the money, if it's been refurbed correctly.

Attachments

• Zender 500SEC with SEL nose.jpg
    Zender 500SEC with SEL nose.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 196
What a farce!.....I pity the person who gets lured into this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom