A famous (and member's) W123 560 conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercboiuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
1995 E320 Coupe
Last weekend I attended the Norfolk Gala Day near Norwich.
One of the stands belonged to Anglia Car Auctions, on which they had the W123 which belonged to an MBClub member, discussed on MBClub a number of times and which also featured in Classic Car Magasine.

This was the first ever time I had seen it in the metal and it was gorgeous! I absolutely loved it. Sadly I can say it won't be gracing my garage, and I can't seem to find any auction information relating to the car.

However, here are a couple of photos. Just as I was about to get some interior shots, the heavens opened, so my chance passed me by.
I sat in it though, and the W126 interior was a joy, if extremely bouncy and soft.
A truely stunning project and it was an unexpected pleasure to see.

DSCN8465.jpg

DSCN8463.jpg

DSCN8462.jpg

Darren

That's changed hands a few times since Mat sold it

God, how I hate German style number plates.

Beautiful, looks in great nick and I love the body colour/chrome hub caps used then, so much classier than alloys. Agree about the german style number plates, the ha'porth of tar that spoils the ship.

Well, I don't think the plates are that bad at all...

Thanks for the kind words, though. It was a fun thing.

Seems to have been through some owners... wish id have just bought it from Matt when he was selling... a car like this needs to be loved.

I hear it's actually had a bit of work since we parted ways, though I've not seen it in the metal to examine (one of the shortcomings of leaving the world of classic cars).

In other news, I have a new project. There's a three-pointed star on the bonnet. Hurrah!

Hope you're well by the way, Jay!

Oh, and if someone does buy it, please can you send me the rusty M on the grill...? I forgot to take it off when I sold it!

Hi Matt,

Whats your address so that i can have it removed and posted to you?

Thanks

Very well made, long lived and ran well with so little maintenance. Were not over -expensive for their time and gave good long warnings of things '' likely to go wrong '' .

I wonder if German Barrys & Garys think UK plates are the sheisa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom