A few faults CLS350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dimbers

Car
CLS 350
I picked up a 2005 CLS350 on wednesday and other than a noisy pully and temperamental fuel gauge all seemed well until last night.

I got into the car after work and had an ESP Malfunction on the dash. I then found that the heated rear window had stopped working, the rear parking sensors now show a fault and have 2 red lights on the display. Strangely the drivers headrest adjustment seems to have stopped working as well.

Although i have 2 keys, only one will unlock/lock the car even with new batteries, both will start the car and ive tried both of them but still have the same faults.

Could any of the faults be linked? Rear SAM maybe? It does have condensation everytime i leave the car which seems to be worse in the rear, nothing seems to be wet though.

Any pointers on where to start checking would be appreciated.

Welcome aboard, will give your faults some thought and get back.

First thing is to check the battery or batteries (if yours has two) - low voltage can cause ESP faults and all sorts of other strangeness. Next get the stored codes read with a decent code reader. Best is take it to an MB Indy and get them to put it on STAR to diagnose your faults - much cheaper in the long run compared to throwing random parts at it.

Welcome aboard, will give your faults some thought and get back.
Thanks for the welcome
First thing is to check the battery or batteries (if yours has two) - low voltage can cause ESP faults and all sorts of other strangeness. Next get the stored codes read with a decent code reader. Best is take it to an MB Indy and get them to put it on STAR to diagnose your faults - much cheaper in the long run compared to throwing random parts at it.

Il get the batteries checked first and if that doesnt come up with anything get the faults read, thanks.

Oh the parking sensors are working today

As Above , welcome along. As an owner of an old(ish) MB myself I must say investing a few hundred quid in a decent code reader (mine is an iCarsoft MB 2) is money well spent. Someone on here in the Leeds area will recommend a decent Indy mechanic to you soon.

Suggest you start in the boot,remove the interior carpets and side panels,as you say things are not damp then puts some paper down all over ,and with the rain we will be getting over the next day or so,it should show if you have a leak and maybe where it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom