A few hours to kill

Discussion in 'Driving/Incidents/Roadrage' started by Mac1, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Mac1

Mac1 Active Member

Car:
    E350 SPORT
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  2. V12

V12 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    S320CDI LWB
    Don't have the time to read that...can you bullet point all the key twists to the tale? :p

3. SPX

SPX MB Club Veteran

Car:
    That one
    Just had a quick scan through that thread, the video being posted is a proper "I think you better be quiet now, you've just lost"

4. Doodle

Doodle Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R129, Leon Cupra 290, BMW R100
    From what I could surmise before my head exploded:

Owner gets engine built by builder, then car is sent off to tuner to be setup with a Motec ECU.

Car arrives running ok on stock ecu, but during setup with Motec something goes wrong, contacts owner and builder to say engine goes bang. Before they have a chance to get involved in the process, tuner strips the engine without authorisation and then has a report commissioned by an "independant expert" who later on appears may not be independant and may not be that much of an expert on tuned engines. As such all physical evidence now becomes tainted.

Lots of finger pointing at both builder and tuner as to who is responsible.

After the owner gets the car back, the ECU is interrogated and electronic evidence seems to indicate that the tuner fudged the setup leading to engine failure, this is reinforced by other respected builders/tuners who review what evidence is made available on the forums.

Video evidence from the car's onboard hidden camera is then presented of tuner ragging the car around for several days *after* it was claimed the engine is toast, without the owners permission. Also evidence presented that car was damaged and sent to bodyshop to be repaired without owner being informed until he finds out for himself.

Engine builder has offered to supply his labour for free to build new engine. Tuner remains surprisingly quiet, has privately refused to owner to entertain any idea of refund or paying for damages or replacement parts etc.

All wrapped up in the usual layers of MLR rubbish and abuse.

3 people like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Mac1

Mac1 Active Member

Car:
    E350 SPORT
    Couldn't of said it better myself....:)

6. Gazz270

Gazz270 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2001 ml 270cdi
    filmed about a mile from my house,one of my daughters went to that school,
    fairly self damming evidence though if that finds its way into the hands of the police i wonder if any action could be taken,

7. OP
    OP
    Mac1

Mac1 Active Member

Car:
    E350 SPORT
    If they ever proved who was behind the wheel...at the very least he would be relieved of his license.

8. 201035

201035 Member

Car:
    Wheelbarrow
    Not a fan of rice burners

Tags: