A few questions about my CLK - New owner unsure of things (W208)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ouch, how did you write it off,

first ever meet, i might learn alot, i learnt alot with my audi, it spend its life costing me money and breaking down. lesson learnt.

bored at work? no chance. new job hence the new car lol. got to be good.

erm, having skimmed the first page it seems to be the 30th, seems to be near southampton so about 240 miles round, but cant expect it on my doorstep unless im hosting! ;)

im about to look at your 320 thread.

ouch! i feel for you, got hit in my A3 and what a nightmare that was.

the car meet sounds good, just need to see if I can fit the time in... are there any others going on? or best to go to this meet?

thanks for your replies and time.

Last edited:
Ive seen a few sequentronics... its the same as what they offered on A class and W203 coupe. Was available by special order on CLK and also W211...

Never seen that on a W208 before, but I LIKE!

Thanks people,

However, how good is this box, do we know much about it? I always drive it mostly in auto,

hows it best to be driven for economy and stuff

is manual mode better? I've been reading that the "old school" autos are much better and smoother? is this true? is this rubbish? I know the a-class had a awful box but as i understood that was a car that had all five gears in a manual gearbox layout but without the clutch?

or is it the same box as mine?

how reliable is it?

Quick google reveals http://www.carkeys.co.uk/road_test/mercedesbenz/463.asp

Which from what i can read is basically a manual box with the car controlling the clutch, we have the same thing on the trucks at work called Astronic, early ones were troublesome but later ones are lovely to drive, the trucks also blip the throttle on a downchange:) plus you can drive them as a full auto or with manual control, still have std truck clutch but no clutch pedal, drivers love them.

Never any mechanical faults well alright some! but only normal gearbox stuff, main probs are with sensors or control units sulking.

I think BMW M3 had similiar but not sure if still had the pedal as well.

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom