A few remarks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cclass guy

Car
1998 C-Class Classic
Hello people. This is not my first post, you've been very helpful with my previous questions so I'm a bit shy to ask more stupid questions (I don't want to exceed my quota) but here goes:

a- I happen to have lost the car manual that came with the car, I figure if I can find it online, it'll spare more of questions I should not be asking. I remember stumbling across a page on Mercedes Benz website where you enter the VIN, but I'm unable to find it now.
b- The CD player has two buttons I don't know the function of, one says "no pty" and the other says "no tp". (see a above :eek: )
c- I'm sitting in close proximity to what is badged as S63 AMG. Did they make those or is it over-badged?

Thank you.

No tp, could be no traffic programs ie. when they interupt your CD to tell you that somewhere 500 miles away is blocked. No pty ....cant remember!

S63AMG. I think its over badged. If it was an AMG of that capacity it wouldnt have a single exhaust or 16inch wheels and would be a very loaded car. Does everything else look in keeping for an AMG car?

It has two exhaust pipes, very wide wheels. I'm tempted to take a few shots but I'd look rather funny :)
Edit: it's for a good cause so maybe I'll wait around when there's nobody else :cool:

Last edited:
When I bought my C-class all of the manuals had been ruined by water. I went to a Merc dealer and ordered replacements from the parts department. They are very cheap, £2-3 each, but they can take some time as Merc only print them if there are sufficient orders for the print run to be economical.

Might be worth a try and if you are ordering one of the manuals that I am still (6 months later) waiting for then I might, hopefully, get it before I flog the car!! :)

There's a doc on the BBC website that descibes the various RDS features (eg TP , EON).

Hopefully, this link will take you there

RDS DOC

S63 is the top of the range S-class AMG based on the S600, it has a Bi Turbo engine rather than the Supercharged engine on the S55. Its 0 - 60 time is a shade over 4 seconds.

Ok... looks like the S63 is the prefacelift AMG derivative of the S600, so is normally aspirated.

Ok while we are on the subject of odd AMG cars, saw a 54 plate CLK 35. What's that all about??

mamoor_dewan said:
Ok while we are on the subject of odd AMG cars, saw a 54 plate CLK 35. What's that all about??

That does sound like a car with the wrong badge. He/She could have at least badged it a CLK32 !

(Unless it's very rare and got a bored out 3.2 engine from Brabus etc)

I saw an A21 AMG today, creatively badged A210 EVO

rr19991029 said:
There's a doc on the BBC website that descibes the various RDS features (eg TP , EON).

Hopefully, this link will take you there

RDS DOC

A very thorough answer, thank you.

0-60 in ~4 Seconds?? Well in that case I'll be trying to hug the car rather than take pictures :D

Cclass guy said:
b- The CD player has two buttons I don't know the function of, one says "no pty" and the other says "no tp".

NO TP is what exactly how R2D2 explained. TP stands for Traffic Program. Its when an RDS station transmits traffic announcements and will interrupt when you are playing an audio CD. No TP just stops the interruptions.

PTY is a Program Type. You can select radio stations as a specific type of program such as SPORT, POP MUSIC, NEWS, etc. No PTY will switch this feature off.

Hope this helps!
Steve

I had the opportunity to take a picture of the s63 beaut. I was using the nokia 6630 and felt uneasy about going closer to take a better pic. Another pic was lost on the phone :'(

Too bad the front tire was being replaced at the time

Attachments

• s63 cropped.jpg
    s63 cropped.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 62

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom