A few taster pics of the CLK55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
looks really good pete, forget about the niggles and enjoy it for what it is, the last thing you'll want to do at the wrong side of 100 is check the ambient temperature!

the last thing you'll want to do at the wrong side of 100 is check the ambient temperature!

A bit old for a CLK55 isn't it.?

No probs, you may have to wait a while though ! :D

\funny you should say that, the needle was above half a tank not so long before (and only about 6/7 miles driven)! Who cares....... it sounds sooo good!

Passenger was my son..... in fact it was his camera which isn't too good. Apologies for picture quality, will try again next weekend with my camera, hopefully with better weather. The niggles are very minor, I keep having to remind myself that this car is nearly 7.5 years old!

I agree, I hate the plates with the garage name on them..awful and it detracts from the look. I don't mind a main dealer but some back street garage is not good. I haven't bought the 'select' registration, am hoping wifey will buy it for me :rolleyes:

I did an MOT check using the link with VOSA. Car has only covered about 16000 miles since August 05. Plate was changed in Nov 07 from DAG47 to the current plate. The first 3 owners all had that first plate.

BTW the V5C stated NON TRANSFERABLE VRM - does this mean I can't put a new 'select' registration on it?

Is there anywhere I can easily (and legally) trace the names of the previous owners?

No - means you can not put the current 51 plate on another car

It is....

According to the Russian MB Club VIN decoder it was delivered 16/08/01, so registered in the September on a 51 plate.

Thats odd, do you have rectractable wing mirrors? because thats where my button is. Mine does not have the rear blind option ehich yours may hav (though noticed it has the Bose option last night)

Also notice there is a difference on the rubbing strip - mine has a 'Aventgard' badge ahead of the doors in the rubbing strip but yours seems to be plain silver.

Thats odd, do you have rectractable wing mirrors? because thats where my button is. Mine does not have the rear blind option ehich yours may hav (though noticed it has the Bose option last night)

Also notice there is a difference on the rubbing strip - mine has a 'Aventgard' badge ahead of the doors in the rubbing strip but yours seems to be plain silver.

You wouldn't think there was so many differences. I do not have folding mirrors, hence the difference in centre console buttons I guess. I do not have a rear blind - no loss there, but I do have Bose, the sound is good even through the iPod, very bassy.

I definately do not have 'avantgarde' on the rubding strip but do have Avantgarde on the gear selector.

Its lovely Peter, I will keep an eye out (and my ears alert) for you when it comes roaring along the "MOD road" :D

I think, from the other thread, that you should spend the £500 and get the car properly waxoiled.

Its lovely Peter, I will keep an eye out (and my ears alert) for you when it comes roaring along the "MOD road" :D

I think, from the other thread, that you should spend the £500 and get the car properly waxoiled.

I am now based in Barrow-in-Furness, although I am back up in Scotland next week!

I am now based in Barrow-in-Furness, although I am back up in Scotland next week!

Well, if the weather is like it is today, you'd be advised to take the GL, not just because of the ice but all the salt and that lovely car don't bare thinking about.

I'll keep an eye out for you so don't be alarmed if some random fella in a dirty black E class gives you a wave/flash of the lights.

Incidentally there was a 208 55 in Helensburgh a few weeks back, saw it a couple of times and haven't seen it since. Looks like you're the only AMG CLK up here :rock:

My boss lives North of Glasgow, and when I spoke to him this morning he said something about 5-inches of snow overnight.

:eek: Yep, GL would be best...

You wouldn't think there was so many differences. I do not have folding mirrors, hence the difference in centre console buttons I guess. I do not have a rear blind - no loss there, but I do have Bose, the sound is good even through the iPod, very bassy.

I definately do not have 'avantgarde' on the rubding strip but do have Avantgarde on the gear selector.

Ah that explains that one, thanks for posting your pics by the way - I never noticed the little AUX connector until I saw your Ipod wired up!! Will have to look at other CLK55 AMG's to see the 'Avantgarde' badges, mine also has it on the gear stick like yours (I am so sad looking at these little details) - still got to get that bloody V8 badge off the boot yet

is the LED on the left gauge (I think it's temp) not working?

is the LED on the left gauge (I think it's temp) not working?

It is the temp guage and it is annoying. The other one (right side) is the time and gear position. I realise the fix is 'easy' (as has been stated) but I do not have the confidence to take off the cluster and start fiddling with electrical connections. It needs to be done though along with:

- painting of brake calipers (or buying new ones). Have read Howards previous post on the subject with interest.
- Having the underside waxoiled - getting a quote today.
- ascertaning what phone fits in the cradle (I have no idea but it looks like a Nokia shape). Could do with a Bluetooth SAP(?) but £200 is a bit steep.
- eventually getting new decent tyres all round
- buying a £245 number plate.
- getting the minor rust issues sorted in the summer.

:)

My guess Peter is that it may be the 6310 phone... can you take a pick of the cradle so we can guess....

My guess Peter is that it may be the 6310 phone... can you take a pick of the cradle so we can guess....

Greg, I'll try and take one this weekend, I think the cradle has a stock code on it as well.

PM your chassis number or post up a picture of the phone cradle and i'll tell you what you can do with it.

It is most likely a nokia 6150/6210/6310 type in whcih case you are stuck with one of those phones or a Viseeo MBU-1000 bluetooth cradle unless you fancy rewiring for UHI!

PM your chassis number or post up a picture of the phone cradle and i'll tell you what you can do with it.

It is most likely a nokia 6150/6210/6310 type in whcih case you are stuck with one of those phones or a Viseeo MBU-1000 bluetooth cradle unless you fancy rewiring for UHI!

Alfie, will PM you the VIN once I get home. VMT.

Lovely car :)

The phone adaptor in mine was for the 6310 - the OLD 6310 and not the 6310i which became the standard "business" phone for many with the huge battery life, etc., . It didn't work the unit at all, as it is geared for the older 6230/6300 series phones.

Pete, I'm going to view one on Wednesday, if i'ts as nice as yours, I'll be driving it to the Liverpool Ferry.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom