A few taster pics of the CLK55

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterg1965

MB Enthusiast
Car
2019 Audi Q7, 2018 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Porsche 718 Boxster S
A few taster pics of the '55. More in the gallery later. Leather treated with Gliptone. I found a damaged piece of the AMG body kit, you havw to look hard to find it though.

SNV31254.jpg

SNV31255.jpg

SNV31246.jpg

SNV31244.jpg

SNV31236.jpg

SNV31241.jpg

Here you can see the dodgy pixels...annoying me already..

SNV31251.jpg
SNV31250.jpg

SNV31248.jpg

SNV31247.jpg

Sorry about the thread title, I am having a few PC probs! Should have read 'A few taster pics of the CLK55'

Looking very tidy indeed. I want first refusal when you come to sell it! ;)

Wow, a very nice looking car. I really like the CLK both your model and the facelift. They are very distinctive cars with a timeless look. I was looking at them but went for the C class because we have 3 children.

Enjoy the driving when the roads improve.

PS I am off to Coventry tomorrow in the C32. Looking forward to a sprint away from the toll booth on the M6!

Second refusal just down the M6 please.. If I have not got my own by then! That 202 in Bristol look very tempting.

Very nice! Why is it that garages can't quite get number plates straight though (the rear one is slightly crooked)?!

A few taster pics of the '55. More in the gallery later. Leather treated with Gliptone. I found a damaged piece of the AMG body kit, you have to look hard to find it though.

Here you can see the dodgy pixels...annoying me already..

SNV31251.jpg

SNV31250.jpg

You can actually see the petrol draining away on these two photos. :crazy: :devil:

Lovely looking car - should I be adjusting the colour balance on my monitor? :D

Second refusal just down the M6 please.. If I have not got my own by then! That 202 in Bristol look very tempting.
The C36 in bristol is down as < 5 miles from me - could go and have a look for you. Drop me a PM.

It is a nice motor; does your passenger have cold feet in this weather?!?!

Anyhoo, looking good, minor niggles aside which I'm sure you'll get sorted, it looks a nice one

Looks great.

Plates and any advertisong stickers would be one of first thing I would change anyway....and put them on straight...

Did you buy the private?

Good looking car

Looking very tidy indeed. I want first refusal when you come to sell it! ;)

No probs, you may have to wait a while though ! :D

You can actually see the petrol draining away on these two photos. :crazy: :devil:

Lovely looking car - should I be adjusting the colour balance on my monitor? :D

\funny you should say that, the needle was above half a tank not so long before (and only about 6/7 miles driven)! Who cares....... it sounds sooo good!

It is a nice motor; does your passenger have cold feet in this weather?!?!

Anyhoo, looking good, minor niggles aside which I'm sure you'll get sorted, it looks a nice one

Passenger was my son..... in fact it was his camera which isn't too good. Apologies for picture quality, will try again next weekend with my camera, hopefully with better weather. The niggles are very minor, I keep having to remind myself that this car is nearly 7.5 years old!

Looks great.

Plates and any advertisong stickers would be one of first thing I would change anyway....and put them on straight...

Did you buy the private?

Good looking car

I agree, I hate the plates with the garage name on them..awful and it detracts from the look. I don't mind a main dealer but some back street garage is not good. I haven't bought the 'select' registration, am hoping wifey will buy it for me :rolleyes:

I did an MOT check using the link with VOSA. Car has only covered about 16000 miles since August 05. Plate was changed in Nov 07 from DAG47 to the current plate. The first 3 owners all had that first plate.

BTW the V5C stated NON TRANSFERABLE VRM - does this mean I can't put a new 'select' registration on it?

Is there anywhere I can easily (and legally) trace the names of the previous owners?

No probs, you may have to wait a while though ! :D

\funny you should say that, the needle was above half a tank not so long before (and only about 6/7 miles driven)! Who cares....... it sounds sooo good!

Passenger was my son..... in fact it was his camera which isn't too good. Apologies for picture quality, will try again next weekend with my camera, hopefully with better weather. The niggles are very minor, I keep having to remind myself that this car is nearly 7.5 years old!

I agree, I hate the plates with the garage name on them..awful and it detracts from the look. I don't mind a main dealer but some back street garage is not good. I haven't bought the 'select' registration, am hoping wifey will buy it for me :rolleyes:

I did an MOT check using the link with VOSA. Car has only covered about 16000 miles since August 05. Plate was changed in Nov 07 from DAG47 to the current plate. The first 3 owners all had that first plate.

BTW the V5C stated NON TRANSFERABLE VRM - does this mean I can't put a new 'select' registration on it?

Is there anywhere I can easily (and legally) trace the names of the previous owners?

Mine is the same with Non Transferable VRM stated, you can put a new reg on no problem. Just means it will always default back to the original.

Do we have sister cars or something, exact same spec and similar little niggles!!

Mine is the same with Non Transferable VRM stated, you can put a new reg on no problem. Just means it will always default back to the original.

Do we have sister cars or something, exact same spec and similar little niggles!!

Could be.... my VIN ends *****99439 car was registered Sep 01, yours may have been the next one of the production line!

Thanks for the info on the VRM!

Could be.... my VIN ends *****99439 car was registered Sep 01, yours may have been the next one of the production line!

Thanks for the info on the VRM!

I will check tomorrow - I think there is a difference looking at your photos - is that your airbag warning light on the centre control right at the front right of the gear stick? Mine is further back

I will check tomorrow - I think there is a difference looking at your photos - is that your airbag warning light on the centre control right at the front right of the gear stick? Mine is further back

It is....

According to the Russian MB Club VIN decoder it was delivered 16/08/01, so registered in the September on a 51 plate.

Last edited:
Car looks great!! You made the right choice.

Non-transferrable means that you can't put that number on to a different car, but you can put another number on to that car.

This usually happens when the cars original number - the one assigned or transferred at first registration - is transferred onto another vehicle, and so DVLA put a plate on to it.

In the old days transferring ageless plates off old cars probably meant that it would be assigned an A-suffix plate, but now you get another ageless number so it's in-keeping with the age of the car.

I bought a 1955 Austin A30 with one-owner and just 39,000 mile and then transferred the plate off the car. It was then replaced by the DVLA with a three-letter three-number plate courtesy of the DVLA, but must not be transferred to another car - sort of remains the property of the DVLA.

Shame it was a good one. Not as good as the orginal, but good none the less!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom