A Few Teaser Pics of my old AMG bus!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon1966

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
219 Vito Sport Crew Van
Hi All

A few of you know I have been doing a lot of work on my car lately culminating in a week long paint correction detail by Ed at 'Divine Detail' Home. The detailing will be be finished tomorrow. Ed has done a fantastic job and my car has certainly never looked so good in my 4 years of ownership:D

I just popped over to see him and take the centre spigot rings for my BBS LM's so we could get my wheels on. Whilst there I couldn't resist taking a few quick pics, sorry about the quality they were done on my phone! BTW - I was in such a rush to take some pics I didn't shut the bonnet properly:doh:

Prior to this I had some new paint done on the front and rear bumpers, tailgate and rear quarter to tidy some small scuffs etc that I wasn't happy with. At the same time I did what I think are some very subtle mods (grille not so subtle!) as I just thought there was too much chrome about, which I think dates the car.

When I get a chance I will do a proper thread on all the work I have had done over the past few months, which also included having my engine out!!!!

Last edited:
Car looks great Simon!! Looking forward to seeing more pics. Can't wait for Ed to do mine on 14th.

Looks great.It looks like a completely different animal from the first time I saw it at SRR all that time ago:D

Did you buy the grill in black or have it sprayed? I'm looking for a similar one for my c class but can only find them in chrome..

Last edited:
Nice work! The black wheels on a silver car are a good look too.

Simon, you did a lot of work! The car looks superb de-chromed. Rear shot is my favourite. Absolutely love it!

Looks fantastic, i would love those wheels on my CLS!!!
Have you considered some 10mm spacers for the fronts?

Great work Simon. Can't wait to see it in the flesh. Can't remember can you make the Brooklands GTG or was Fishing mentioned !!

Looks great.It looks like a completely different animal from the first time I saw it at SRR all that time ago:D

Did you buy the grill in black or have it sprayed? I'm looking for a similar one for my c class but can only find them in chrome..

Hi Elvin

Hop all good with you mate.

Aftermarket ones can be bought in black throughout, but I'm not keen on the total black look as I think it looks a little too much for my tastes.

I bought a s/h standard grille, dismantled it and then spent bloody ages preparing it to be painted!! The rear section is still as standard in gloss black plastic, but the chrome part was fully rubbed down and then painted silver before masking off and painting the centre black gloss before then lacquering the whole thing and re-assembling. I'm still not fully decided on the grille tbh, I have another idea for an alternative (still without chrome), so may do another one.

Simon, you did a lot of work! The car looks superb de-chromed. Rear shot is my favourite. Absolutely love it!

Cheers Alex

Here's a couple more from the rear slammed:D

I will try and get some decent pics tomorrow when I pick it up but it looks like it's going to be absolutely pis*ing it down - just my luck:wallbash:

Last edited:
Looks fantastic, i would love those wheels on my CLS!!!
Have you considered some 10mm spacers for the fronts?

Cheers - I think they sit about right tbh, maybe another 5mm would look better but....:dk:

Great work Simon. Can't wait to see it in the flesh. Can't remember can you make the Brooklands GTG or was Fishing mentioned !!

Cheers Peter - unfortunately I'm going to miss the Brooklands gtg as yes I'm fishing! Car is probably going to look a right bloody state as lake is down a long dirt track, but hey it's my only car and after all that's the reason I got an estate! Hopefully all the gtechniq coatings will make it easy to clean.

Looks like I'm missing all the meets as I'm away for Olly's PCS gtg and MSL dyno gtg:(

Hi Elvin

Hop all good with you mate.

Aftermarket ones can be bought in black throughout, but I'm not keen on the total black look as I think it looks a little too much for my tastes.

I bought a s/h standard grille, dismantled it and then spent bloody ages preparing it to be painted!! The rear section is still as standard in gloss black plastic, but the chrome part was fully rubbed down and then painted silver before masking off and painting the centre black gloss before then lacquering the whole thing and re-assembling. I'm still not fully decided on the grille tbh, I have another idea for an alternative (still without chrome), so may do another one.
That's a lot of work on the grill but it looks good. Not tempted to spray the badges black??

That's a lot of work on the grill but it looks good. Not tempted to spray the badges black??

Mate - I've been through all sorts of alternatives in my head about the badges:wallbash: I went from totally debadging, to painting them black, to painting them to match my wheel centres, to painting them body colour!! I debadged the back as the chrome was flaking a bit on one of the badges. I like the V8 Kompressor side badges though, so decided to keep them on. I think I will leave it as is now as the badges are the only chrome left other than the trims on the door handles. Oh and the wheel lips and tailpipes!

simon1966 said:
Cheers Peter - unfortunately I'm going to miss the Brooklands gtg as yes I'm fishing! Car is probably going to look a right bloody state as lake is down a long dirt track, but hey it's my only car and after all that's the reason I got an estate! Hopefully all the gtechniq coatings will make it easy to clean. Looks like I'm missing all the meets as I'm away for Olly's PCS gtg and MSL dyno gtg:(

You must stop enjoying yourself !!

simon1966 said:
Cheers Peter - unfortunately I'm going to miss the Brooklands gtg as yes I'm fishing! Car is probably going to look a right bloody state as lake is down a long dirt track, but hey it's my only car and after all that's the reason I got an estate! Hopefully all the gtechniq coatings will make it easy to clean. Looks like I'm missing all the meets as I'm away for Olly's PCS gtg and MSL dyno gtg:(

You must stop enjoying yourself !!

Cheers Alex

Here's a couple more from the rear slammed:D

I will try and get some decent pics tomorrow when I pick it up but it looks like it's going to be absolutely pis*ing it down - just my luck:wallbash:

Is the car on lowering links or just STAR lowered Simon?

Looks perfect and something I want to do on my E55:thumb:

Is the car on lowering links or just STAR lowered Simon?

Looks perfect and something I want to do on my E55:thumb:

Renntech V2 lowering module. One of the best things I've had fitted to my car. Can adjust to -50mm front and rear. Generally I have it -15/-20mm front and -10/-15mm rear.

^ Hmmm Olly does this at PCS doesn't he?

That looks like another mod to add to my growing list.
Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom